The latest ATr survey

sagalout

Reaction score
Done. Why do they ask what value monetary you place on something but then not offer a zero option.

sam vimes

Reaction score
Done. Why do they ask what value monetary you place on something but then not offer a zero option.

Absolutely, but I suspect they were angling for information as to what people might be prepared to pay for membership. It's surely quite unlikely that they would want stats saying that no one actually wants to pay a thing for membership, even if that's the reality.

Titus

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

I ignored those couple of questions, it just shows how you can skew a survey to say anything you want it to say simply by asking or omitting certain questions.
The resulting data is meaningless.

thecrow

Reaction score
I ignored those couple of questions, it just shows how you can skew a survey to say anything you want it to say simply by asking or omitting certain questions.

I looked at the survey before filling it in, when I filled it in I also ignored several questions as there is no facility to put what I wanted if the provided multi choice answer wasn't what I thought.

I also didn't like the question about how the rod licence was issued as it didn't explain enough.

P

pointngo

Filled it in but didn't send it. It just seems to be the AT trying to find an easy way to get more members, which would be fair enough, but policy change of the AT isn't covered in the survey as a possible solution so my answers would have been misleading.

nogoodboyo

Reaction score
Done.
I certainly have been.
A nice spam sandwich will cheer me up.

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
I filled mine in and sent it back, but having done so I'm not too sure what the survey hopes to achieve, and unless I missed it I don't think ATr have said either....Any survey result is only as good as the number of people who choose to fill it in, so I wonder if ATr will say what sort of response they got and what conclusions the ATr analysts will arrive at.

I don't know how many members make up ATr at the moment (although I note the survey is open to non members as well ) and as it's only a very small percentage of the 'millions' that pick up a rod each year, what useful purpose it serves...........Judging by the response to this Thread the figures will be very low, but I suppose that's no real guide either................

I know ATr have to start somewhere in gauging reaction to what they do, or plan to do, so it must be difficult if very few bother with this survey ?

Does anyone have any idea how many folk received the survey in the first place ??

No, I'm not too sure of it's value, but I'm open to persuasion if someone has greater knowledge than I on the matter !

ps Personally,I'd rather fill in a dozen surveys than eat one spam sandwich, although carp seem to like it !!

Last edited:

no-one in particular

Reaction score
I filled mine in and sent it back, but having done so I'm not too sure what the survey hopes to achieve, and unless I missed it I don't think ATr have said either....Any survey result is only as good as the number of people who choose to fill it in, so I wonder if ATr will say what sort of response they got and what conclusions the ATr analysts will arrive at.

I don't know how many members make up ATr at the moment (although I note the survey is open to non members as well ) and as it's only a very small percentage of the 'millions' that pick up a rod each year, what useful purpose it serves...........Judging by the response to this Thread the figures will be very low, but I suppose that's no real guide either................

I know ATr have to start somewhere in gauging reaction to what they do, or plan to do, so it must be difficult if very few bother with this survey ?

Does anyone have any idea how many folk received the survey in the first place ??

No, I'm not too sure of it's value, but I'm open to persuasion if someone has greater knowledge than I on the matter !

ps Personally,I'd rather fill in a dozen surveys than eat one spam sandwich, although carp seem to like it !!

They may not get great numbers Tee Cee but, they can use it like an opinion poll and assume that's the way the greater number of anglers are thinking. If 70% of the survey are not prepared to pay more than £10 for something say, then that may be a reflection on the whole angling population. Its so so but, it might help them reach better decisions about future policies to attract more members. Better to ask and listen than do nothing, and hope, that's the way I see it .