Split shot

greenie62

Reaction score
having a nose round internet found this thought might be of some use to people
a guide to split shot and weight

Whilst half-term grandson-sitting I've given him the table to learn the first 2 columns for a test later - before he can come fishing with me again!:eek:
He wants to learn Golf now! :eek::rolleyes::eek:mg:

sam vimes

Reaction score
I have the bulk of that printed on a credit card sized piece of plastic. IIRC, I got it from a Yorkshire tackle shop, for free!;):D Kudos to York Tackle.
It lives in my vastly underused seatbox as I found I only needed it when shotting pole floats. However, there does seem to be an increasing trend for more general floats to be marked in a similar way. I get by though, using shot that has the weight in grams printed alongside the size (AA, BB, No1 etc) on the container label.

caelan

Reaction score
greenie
me to grandson sitting had so of my fishing stuff out as you do we are still picking our split shot up from the kitchen floor before his nanna gets in from work lol martin/caelan

greenie62

Reaction score
greenie
me to grandson sitting had so of my fishing stuff out as you do we are still picking our split shot up from the kitchen floor before his nanna gets in from work lol

Oh! - wot a mistake to make! :rolleyes::eek:mg:

---------- Post added at 16:13 ---------- Previous post was at 16:04 ----------

what should it read

My little s-a pointed out the inconsistent spelling of styl, as in
As well as split shot there is also 'Stles' and 'Stotz'.

Unlike the round split shot, the Style is long and thin
"Really Grandad - How can you expect me to try and learn something when they can't even get the spelling right!?" :confused::eek::eek:mg: