Nosh, Nibbles, Munchies, Scran...

arthur2sheds

Reaction score
What do you take with you on a days fishing.....?

For me it's a sarnie or two, a bit o' the wife's Tiffin (chocolate cold cake) and a flask of Tea (no milk or sugar... it goes funny otherwise)

on the odd occasion a nice bit of fruit cake or bread pudd'n:D:thumbs:

Derek Gibson

Reaction score
Years ago I took a leaf out of the mountain climbers book, and carried a Mars bar and a small bottle of Lucozade. That seemed to fit in perfectly with my style of fishing, (lures), where you're constantly on the move, occasionally in harsh conditions, and keeping equipment to the minimum.

arthur2sheds

Reaction score
If I'm out Lure fishing I take a small ruckie with me... a few lures, traces and ancillaries in one pocket and a drink and a sarnie in another... cold drink in the summer and a hot flask in the winter

sumtime

Reaction score
I don't take much on a full day's fishing locally, a bottle of water, apple/orange and maybe the snackbar. Taking too much I'd never go home. :)

If I go over to the Welsh coast it's a flask of tea/coffee, sarnies and fruit. If I camp and fish a river it's a stove and decent meals.

chrissh

Reaction score
I take Self-Heating Meals & Self-Heating drinks
Self-Heating meal - all day breakfast - lamb hotpot - curry- sticky toffee pud
Self-Heating drinks are tea - coffee- hot chocolate or soups
they fit into your pocket or rucksack and they are long life

Lord Paul of Sheffield

Reaction score
For a full days fishing , I'll take a flask of coffee , sandwich and a bag of crisps
For an overnight session it will be sausages to fry up for sausage sarnies in the evening and bacon for bacon butty in the morning

If it the PaSC fish in at Dam Flask - there will be cheeses (various) port, bread, cake, biscuits, fine wines, chocolate and more cheese

B

binka

If it's the type of static fishing where I'm sat behind rods i'll take all the stuff to make a fresh brew along with bacon and sausage to cook with some buttered cobs or occasionally a stew.

If it's more active fishing like the day I will be spending on the waggler tomorrow i'll be taking a flask of tea with ready made sarnies so that I don't have to break off from the fishing and feeding.

Bags of pork scratchings aren't usually far away either :)

caelan

Reaction score
hi
for a full day fishing big flask soup winter/summer some sarnies
that's it my mates takes half the corner shops and stops in the garage
on the way for any special offers an bogof

tincatim

Reaction score
I'm usually in a rush to get fishing so I rarely bother to make sandwhiches, preferring instead to chuck into a carrier bag a load of unhealthy chocolate bars, crisps and bits out the fridge such as peperamis or babybels. I often take these with a view to trying them on the hook but always end up eating them!

Drinks wise, a flask of coffee if it's really cold, or a bottle of water in the summer

lambert1

Reaction score
Pretty much the same as Derek, Mars, Lucozade and a Banana. When I think of some of the baits I have been handling I would not want to touch a sandwich:eek:

B

binka

When I think of some of the baits I have been handling I would not want to touch a sandwich:eek:

Chopped worm with a dusting of dry groundbait to bind it is my personal favourite, leaves nice brown finger prints on the bread and the sarnie takes on a curios gritty texture :D

the dace

Reaction score
A packet of cheese and onion pasties or slices, some cereal bars and some coffee for me. Oh and there's always a Mars Bar and a Snickers in there to keep me happy if the fishing is going badly :p

dangermouse

Reaction score
A flask or two of coffee is the only essential. I usually have a chocolate bar too but rarely bother with anything else.

Except at Dam Flask of course when such fine fair is on offer.