Newbie saying hi

txalba

Reaction score
Hi, just getting back into fly fishing with a 3 year gap, going to teach my 7yr old and my father in law too.

Really looking forward to it.

One question, i have an old Leeda LC100 but i cant find anything that will identify the line rating that is suitable for it. i want to use a wf6F line to match my smugglers rod. Is this real suitable?

Cheers

J

greenie62

Reaction score
Hi J,
Welcome to the mad-house - hope you find some useful info and contacts here!

I've used a pair of LC80 with spare spools for all my fly-fishing since they first came out about 30 years ago!
The LC80 has a 3" spool and the LC100 3.5" - originally targetted for big reservoir trouting and sea-trout. These 'graphite' reels are so light though that even the LC100 wouldn't spoil the balance of a light rod significantly - I use my LC80s on everything from a 7'6" brook rod with a WF4 to a 10' reservoir rod with a WF8 Sinktip and as much backing as I can fit on it.
The LC100 is only a smidgeon heavier than an LC80 due to their lightweight construction.
If you are getting back into angling - try it out - and at least it'll give you something to compare rivals to if you decide to re-equip!
Tight Lines!

bennygesserit

Reaction score
New members always welcome - hope you enjoy it , sorry I cant answer your question mate

txalba

Reaction score
Thanks for Welcome,

I guess time will tell so ill let you know how i get on