maggot price

caelan

Reaction score
just a quick one I do not buy maggots an not done for 3/4 seasons
what sort of price do you have to pay for a pint now as I may start to get some
for the new season when it starts as I have only been using hair rig corn/pellets for feeder fishing for tench/bream this past few season

tincatim

Reaction score
I pay around £2.30 a pint round here in South Yorkshire, I dare say they cost a bit more down south. It's not often I go fishing without maggots, even just half a pint as back up.

caelan

Reaction score
I just had to txt my mate he has just told me that the price
in our local tackle shop is £3.00 per pint I may have to just pinch some of his
or knock it of his petrol money LOL MARTIN/CAELAN

dangermouse

Reaction score
I pay around £2.30 a pint round here in South Yorkshire, I dare say they cost a bit more down south. It's not often I go fishing without maggots, even just half a pint as back up.

Are they silver plated or something :eek:

In a month or so get yourself over to Walker`s pets in Swinton. Kev charges £1.80 a pint iirc and they`re always in top class condition, and it`s usually a generous pint too. He doesn`t sell all year round but once the weather gets a little better he`ll have them back in stock.

cattyfatty

Reaction score
mine at local tackle shop are £2.20 a pint in north yorkshire .
cheapest i've heard is in hull £1 a pint , think it hull angling centre...

law

Reaction score
£3.20 a pint in Surrey.
But they are super fresh- normally last at least a week in my fridge and sometimes 2.

sam vimes

Reaction score
I'm paying £3 a pint. I know I could get them cheaper, but there's little sense in driving further to buy cheaper maggots that last half as long.

B

binka

£2.40 for a generous pint of good maggots, £2.20 if you buy four or more pints and if I ring him an hour before he'll dye me up some bronze.

floatfish

Reaction score
Mixed coloured Maggots£1.05 for half a pint £2.10 a pint in East Yorks.

barbelboi

Reaction score
Before you Northern lot start crying "footpads" you want to get yourself dahn Sarf. I can't be certain as I rarely buy maggot but a pint is well over 3 nicker....about £3.40 I think.

Yes, but as we know Skip, they're good quality (as are the casters etc.) brewed on the premises and not bloody flatpacks................

PS I think it's £3.25

slaphead

Reaction score
£2.60 per pint locally

When I was fishing in the Cotswolds, I was charged 3.60. :eek:

B

binka

I've just krilled up around two pints of leftover maggots from several sessions which were riddled, bagged and chucked in the bait freezer so pretty much a freebie for tomorrow in the sense that they would have otherwise been chucked away at the end of each session.

It's surprising what adds up when you start bringing leftover bait home, it seemed like a big hit the first time I bought a bait freezer but I'm definitely quids in over the long run.

nogoodboyo

Reaction score
What do I pay?
Considerably less than a pint of ale.
Support your local tackle shop or you won't have anywhere to buy maggots whatever the cost.

flightliner

Reaction score
Two pound a pint in worksop notts, BUT, if you drop ten pounds to the dealer you can take them any amount req'd at one fifty a pint untill the moneys gone--- good maggots -- great deal!!!

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
Yes, but as we know Skip, they're good quality (as are the casters etc.) brewed on the premises and not bloody flatpacks................

PS I think it's £3.25

I bow to your superior knowledge Jezza......can't remember the last time I bought any maggots. The casters as you say are superb and you need a good maggot to get a good caster.