TF Gear reaction alarms ? Any good for budget alarms

player1

Reaction score
Alright folks im new to the forum

Im just about to take up carping again after about a 10 year lay off

Got myself some outkast + 50's and a pair of avocast 7000 big pits

I used to have delkims but my budget is not that great no more + i'd have to buy a receiver

I've seen these Total Fishing Gear | Buy TF Gear Reaction Alarm Set - <b>?59.99 which come with a receiver. any one had any time with these alarms ?

B

binka

Hi, welcome to FM :)

I've no idea on those alarms but the reviews seem fairly positive if you click on the rating stars on your link, I've also no idea how impartial they are...

player1

Reaction score
Cheers mate. I seen the reviews but just wondered if anyone had hands on experience.

Most reviews are made as soon as the product is received or used once

law

Reaction score
Why skimp on alarms? Imagine one failing in the rain while your asleep.
For less than 100 quid you can get a set of Fox Microns. The most robust and proven alarm on the market.
For 60 quid for a set AND reciever, corners will be cut somewhere.

Nobby C (ACA)

Reaction score
Try not to take this the wrong way but do you need 50mm butt rings and surf casting reels? Do you intend to fish 150 yards plus because as you should know, if you're quiet, they're in the margins a lot of the time.
You could have bought some decent, lighter rods second hand, some better made Shimano reels and put more budget to some reliable alarms rather than the latest Chinese clone.
My favourite rods cost me £50 a pop from the bay, and that was an offer the seller snapped up straight away so either they were el cheapo blanks or he just wanted rid. Brand new too but the rings were 'only' Fuji bog standards and as any fule kno, they need to be Fuji SiC or Minima in matt gunmetal black to be any good blah blah blah.
AttX are nice little alarms and around £150 second hand. Fox are also excellent alarms, one of the few products (IMO) they make that actually work and last.
Sorry for being blunt only I think you fell into the trend trap of buying distance heaving gear when you really don't need it. You're not alone though.

john step

Reaction score
I have a set of 3 Dave Lane (TFG) Mag runner alarms which cost about £90 three or four years ago. They are cheap I know but as only an occasional alarm user they are fine and they are waterproof.
They come with rubber bungs to mute the volume so you can rely on the receiver on vibrate. (good as my hearing is suspect)
However I am sure Dragon Carp have the same set up much cheaper but without the "name" Dave Lane on them.
I am sure most of these cheap alarms come from the same source in China and although you get what you pay for with the top notch expensive makes I really dont think it makes much difference at the bottom end.

player1

Reaction score
I Got the 50'S as I got them for 49.99 each best offer on ebay brand new. same price as standard ones brand new,

also buying second hand does not come with warranty etc , so theres a good possibility of just thowing your money away ..

I will be fishing upto about 20 acre lakes so yes I will be fishing at big distance sometimes

Nobby C (ACA)

Reaction score
Of course it's your decision, fair play and good luck to you.
I did just notice this somewhere else today:

"2 x Chub Outkast small water 11ft 2.25 rods with 2 Shimano ST6000RA Reels (Reels as new condition with boxes and paperwork) with. Nash shuttle two rod quiver. £150 "

No guarantee though....still a bargain I'd say and good enough for most situations.