coarse fisheries in lincolnshire

R

Ross Turner

is there any good fisheries in a 25mile radius of louth, I should be moving there this summer so would be grateful for this info.

R

Ron Clay

The River Bain is a fabulous water. It contains excellent chub, bream, roach and dace. There are wild brown trout in its upper reaches.

Due to the fact that there are numerous commercial fisheries in this area, the Bain is very little fished. There is some free fishing in the Coningsby area but much of the Bain is either private or in the hands of a few local clubs. Your local tackle shop is the place to make enquiries.

You are moving to a town with some great angling history attached to it. This was the home of Maurice Ingham - great friend of **** Walker and founder member of The Carp Catchers Club. Maurice co-authored the book: "Drop Me A Line" with **** Walker in 1950. This book consists of a series of letters exchanged between Maurice and **** during the years of 1949 - 1950.

Although never intended for publication, it is one of the greatest angling books ever written!!

Maurice and **** fished close by Louth at a lake called Benniworth Haven. You can see the village of Benniworth on any roadmap. They called the lake "Woldale". In those days Woldale was one of Englands best carp waters.

The River Witham and it's drains is not the fisheries they used to be. However there are some very big pike to be had.

I am sure you will find that living in Louth will give you a few surprises. Maybe we should meet up some time this summer.

R

Ross Turner

Ron,yeh why not,not that good at coarse fishing as i`ve only started late last season with living next to the great ouse in st neots.
Trout fishing is my true love which i got into when i was younger & lived at kielder,northumberland.
What are the other trout fisheries like around louth, been told that there are a few

R

Ron Clay

The only water I have fished is Toft. Sorry but I can't tell you much about the others.

G

Geoff Cook

Hi Ross,
There are so many ponds.lakes and drains
in the louth area.Your best bet is to see the
guy in the Louth tackle shop.Great guy and he will be only to happy to point you in
the right direction.
Good Luck and Tight Lines.
All the best.
Geoff.

W

William Spencer

ross,if you can travel to lincoln itself there are a shitload of fisheries.
the fossdyke canal between lincoln and saxilby
starmers pit is at the side of safeway on tritton road
witham at north hykeham
richmond road fisheries ain't bad
whisby garden centre
grab hold of a street atlas of lincoln and you should find all these locations.if i can dig up more i will

C

Chris Bishop

There are some good drains if you head down towards Boston and the Cambridgeshire border. Several are free or a couple of quid on the bank.

C

Colin Drakes

There?s a very nice pond about 6 miles from Louth on rye lane near the village of Aby, carp are present in fairly large numbers and they are generally mid singles to low doubles, with silver fish present as well. Only a small-ish pond of about 2 acres but there?s lots of features like islands and overhanging trees etc.
I can recommend it as being a nice peaceful venue, where a good result is always possible..