post office new site for fishing licence

chrissh

Reaction score
post office new site for fishing licence
registering for your Post Office identity profile. So that we can use this email account as a trusted way of contacting you we need to confirm the email address that you have supplied. To do this enter the following confirmation code at myprofile.postoffice.co.uk
new licence(s) can be applied for from 02/03/2015

arthur2sheds

Reaction score
Beware of the websites who charge an admin fee to buy the licence... a couple of my mates got caught out last year... one paid nearly £40 for a licence

Alan Tyler

Reaction score
The only snag I found was in the address bit - having entered your postcode, you have to click on the "zoom" box to the right to get the drop-down menu.

Oh, and there's a fair few "I have read the bullsh" and "do not contact me by phone" type of tick boxes - if the process stalls, it doesn't tell you why (because it was set up by someone who did not get his GCSE in ICT, but assumes everyone else can mind-read?) but just waits for you to tear your hair out, find a magnifying glas, locate the missing box... OK, a bit of a faff, but I'm bald, so no real harm done...

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
I guess I am just "old school" but I always make the trip to the next village to get my license paid for, every year.

In my village we lost our Post Office due to lack of use, so my tip for everyone is . . . . . . USE IT OR LOSE IT!

While you are there you can get one for your child or grandchild just in case they might want to go with you for a day out, thereby removing another impediment to maybe helping a youngster take up our grand sport . . . . . .

Merv Harrison

Reaction score
The only snag I found was in the address bit - having entered your postcode, you have to click on the "zoom" box to the right to get the drop-down menu.

Thats where I hit a big problem, in with my postcode, but our address not listed. after several attempts and finally giving up on that, and still pressing continue, I could manually insert our address, but nowhere did it tell me that :mad:

dorsetandchub

Reaction score
I'll just pop t'Post Office. As Peter rightly says, I need to get out more.

Get some holiday spending money sorted out as well.

Alan was right. Whoever created that website needs to rejig it.

caelan

Reaction score
get down yer local post office its quick an no stress
and you do get to talk to humans an not gremilins lol

seth49

Reaction score
I'm just waiting for my renewal letter then of to post office for mine.
OAPS rates from this year.??

mike47

Reaction score
Very quick and easy at my village Post Office. Having said that, I'll probably find out next week that they no longer issuel them.

tincatim

Reaction score
While you are there you can get one for your child or grandchild just in case they might want to go with you for a day out, thereby removing another impediment to maybe helping a youngster take up our grand sport . . . . . .

As far as I was aware, children under 12 don't need a rod licence? Or has this changed?

B

binka

What a complete cock up!

Just received my email reminder from the EA and followed the specific link to the Post Office website with my own reference number on to renew my license and firstly I had to re-register (why on earth they want to know your previous address details if you've moved within the last three years I don't know, they'd hardly be asking over the counter?) and then I had my payment declined twice on my debit card and again on my credit card, both of which are absolutely fine.

I've renewed online for the past couple of years without any problem whatsoever but God only knows what they've gone and done to knacker it :eek:mg:

I'll pop into the main post office the next time I'm in town :rolleyes:

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
What a complete cock up!

Just received my email reminder from the EA and followed the specific link to the Post Office website with my own reference number on to renew my license and firstly I had to re-register (why on earth they want to know your previous address details if you've moved within the last three years I don't know, they'd hardly be asking over the counter?) and then I had my payment declined twice on my debit card and again on my credit card, both of which are absolutely fine.

I've renewed online for the past couple of years without any problem whatsoever but God only knows what they've gone and done to knacker it :eek:mg:

I'll pop into the main post office the next time I'm in town :rolleyes:

Bloody hell....first chairs, then umbrellas now you've gone and broken the Post Office. What's next ?

dorsetandchub

Reaction score
Just imagine a long line of pensioners with a sign at the front "Binka was Here"

Devastating.....:)

---------- Post added at 17:10 ---------- Previous post was at 17:08 ----------

Think I'll send him a Man United season ticket......might work :)

itsfishingnotcatching

Reaction score
Steve

It's not you it's the site, it won't re-direct you if you can't remember your log in details and doesn't send you to the payment site. I believe the expression is "Crock of Sh!t"

another visitor to P.O. Counters here:(

B

binka

Steve

It's not you it's the site, it won't re-direct you if you can't remember your log in details and doesn't send you to the payment site. I believe the expression is "Crock of Sh!t"

another visitor to P.O. Counters here:(

Cheers Ian, I've been sulking for the last couple of hours fearing that I had actually broken the Post Office.

(Not really, I've been in the garage tarting around with the gear... ) :D