Canal carp

nathan berrie

Reaction score
very nice fish mate look like real wild fish these canal carp hoping to get one myself soon!

is this lancaster canal ?

Mark Hewitt

Reaction score
I'm guessing its a bit further south than the lancaster.................

Nice fish!

The bad one

Reaction score
Nice fish if you like carp but had you been indulging in some sort ofanti-social behavior before you caught it?

Alan Dobson

Reaction score
Nice fish, I`d love to catch a carp on the canal. What part of the Grand Union was that caught on?

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

Looks like the bit just around the bend --by the boats .........

pcpaulh

Reaction score
On the Tring Anglers waters Alan.

Bad One, no the hood was up as it had been chucking it down a minute or two before.

Alan Dobson

Reaction score
Ahh, I was fishing on the Tring Canal in early September, with my Uncle. There`s some lovely stretches along there. If I lived nearer I`d be fishing there all the time!

Alan Dobson

Reaction score
Christian, is all of the tring canal stretch day ticket water or are some of it member only areas? I`m working in Hemel Hempstead tomorrow and will be finishing at 3:30pm and am tempted to get a few hours fishing in somewhere close and the tring canal stretch is about 15 minutes away.

pcpaulh

Reaction score
Some areas are members only, such as Cooks Warf I believe and perhaps a few others. Although lots can be fished on day ticket.

Go to the Red Lion, Marsworth (2mins from Tring) and it's day ticket on the bank with a reasonable chance of a good carp or just some general decent float fishing. Some nice Perch there aswell.

Alan Dobson

Reaction score
Cheers Christian, much appreciated. I might just give it a go! /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

pcpaulh

Reaction score
Sorry didn't make it clear. The Red Lion is a pub. the canal runs about 50metres away so its hard to miss. Although if you have any trouble just ask in the pub /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

Alan Dobson

Reaction score
No worries, I did a googlemap search on the red lion in marsworth and found it. I just hope I can find this place from Hemel! Wish me luck!

pcpaulh

Reaction score
Any bait goes and if its another nice day I reckon you'll get one. Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Alan Dobson

Reaction score
Cheers Christian. I`ve got some nice worms (that sounds wrong doesnt it? lol), I`ll also be taking some soft hooker halibut pellets, white small boilies and bread and sweetcorn too. I`ll let you know how I get on after I get home and have my tea! Cheers for your help.