Greetings from Cornwall

maritimesbob

Reaction score
I was an avid coarse fisherman about twenty five years ago, then I got a bit older, things in life changed, moved to Canada for a decade, came back, married, kids....................... you get the picture, too complicated for fishing.

Finally after twenty plus years later, I have the time and enthusiasm to get back into it.

I am doing a little sea fishing here and there, but coarse fishing was always my favourite and still pulls at the heart strings!!

We recently moved to Cornwall, close to Launceston to be more precise. Lots of opportunity, many rivers, ponds and lakes within a few miles. The upper Tamar is just three miles from here :)

Apart from my sea fishing gear, I have zero coarse tackle. I intend to make it happen, keep checking Gumtree to see if anyone is having a clear out, retiring or giving up the fishing game. Got to be cheaper and probably better buying the whole lot rather than bits and pieces at a time, plus I can't wait to get out there.

Hoping to pick up a few ideas on this forum, anyone in my area fancy offering some advice?

I'm sure some things have changed since the mid 90s, license fees for a start!!!

Thanks all.

itsfishingnotcatching

Reaction score
Welcome to FishingMagic Bob, if you search the threads on here they should give you some ideas on which new tackle to buy. You need to get really lucky to buy it all in one go from one sale;)