tarpon in cuba

toyota

Reaction score
hi
i have just joined this forum and would like to give you fellow members an idea of the fishing i do and the collecting of vintage fishing items.
i am an avid collector of hardy , ari hart and a few other makes but the early perfects are my favorite, i have been collecting for over 30 years so its a bit out of control :) i fish for seatrout and salmon in this country but go to cuba as often as i can for the tarpon and bonefish, i am off in may for 2 weeks so will post some pics when back.
hope i can be of some use to any of you in the future and vice versa.
tight lines to you all for the coming season
perfect

geoffmaynard

Content Editor
Reaction score
Yes - especially if you are going it alone rather than with an organised tour. Info on Cuba is always a bit sketchy

FishingMagic

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum, have a great trip, and we look forward to seeing some of the pictures on your return.

toyota

Reaction score
hi
i went to cuba last year and you are right that the info is all over the place with good reports from one person and bad from another using the same guide. i went out with donetskis outfit and it was a shambles, the 2 guys i met going out deep sea came back with the longest faces i have ever seen after the guide did not strap there rods down properly and a £500 combo lost to the deep, my trip was not much better!!! i did diy bone fishing from cayo coco and it was dead as the locals have netted the flats. going back with ammunition this year.