anglers mail

caelan

Reaction score
hi just been looking at this weeks anglers mail its a new format on were to fish
this week an the match results don't know if I like it or not hows about any readers out there martin/caelan

stu_the_blank

Reaction score
I bought the first copy for over 10 years last week, the dropshotting feature was the 'bait' that hooked me. Took about 5 mins to flick through and decide to leave it longer next time!

Stu

Keith M

Reaction score
I have only bought an angling weekly about three times since the late 90's.
Once because there was actually a good article about trundling baits for Barbel in it (written I think by Ray Walton) and a couple of other times when I was enticed by a freebie on the front cover.

I do occasionally thumb through one in Tesco's while I'm waiting for the wife to do her shopping but there is rarely anything to keep my interest for more than a minute or two.

Keith

Last edited:

chrissh

Reaction score
I haven't bought anglers mail or angling time for 3 years the last copy(s) i bought was full of adds for dragon carp.
you can get up to date news & help on fishing forums from anglers that have the experience in all form an angling.

Bob Hornegold

Reaction score
I buy the Mail and the Times every week, I thought the New lay out was okay.

All the comic's change from time to time, it's the nature of the industry.

And I thought this thread was about the layout changes, not if you buy the comic's or not ?

Oh sorry I forgot where I was for a minute !!

;)

Bob

terry m

Reaction score
I generally buy it if something on the cover greases my gears, but that amounts to perhaps 10 copies a year. I never buy the AT.

A new format will be welcome, it is looking rather tired of late.

arthur2sheds

Reaction score
Not bought it for ages.... on the strength of this thread I had a flick through one went I went to the shops this morning.... sad to say that there was nothing to lure me back...

sumtime

Reaction score
I buy it (and others like the Coarse monthly mag and Sea Angler) on occasions, especially when going on holiday or appointments.

keora

Reaction score
hi just been looking at this weeks anglers mail its a new format on were to fish
this week an the match results don't know if I like it or not hows about any readers out there martin/caelan

It's better, there are more articles to read and the layout is more attractive.

mccn

Reaction score
Hi,

I buy Angling Times each week but am seriously considering stopping because:

What i would like to see is for 'all' anglers within these mags to stop promoting their sponsor so ravenously?? Basically, all you see is a sponsored angler from say, dynamite baits/matrix and all they talk about is using this dynamite bait mounted on this new matrix hook which is attached to the latest matrix method feeder?? I just want a top class angler to give a good/informative feature without all the sponsorship hype??

What do you all think? And whats even more frustrating is, we are the ones paying for this by buying the mags in first instance but they are the ones benfitting from all the top gear and publicity!! Arrrrggh!:mad:

theartist

Reaction score
Hi,

I buy Angling Times each week but am seriously considering stopping because:

What i would like to see is for 'all' anglers within these mags to stop promoting their sponsor so ravenously?? Basically, all you see is a sponsored angler from say, dynamite baits/matrix and all they talk about is using this dynamite bait mounted on this new matrix hook which is attached to the latest matrix method feeder?? I just want a top class angler to give a good/informative feature without all the sponsorship hype??

What do you all think? And whats even more frustrating is, we are the ones paying for this by buying the mags in first instance but they are the ones benfitting from all the top gear and publicity!! Arrrrggh!:mad:

That's life mate, bit like footballers really with all the boot deals etc. A lot of kids are going to buy the same boots as they think they will look and play like their idols. Same way some anglers are going to get 'hooked' by angling marketing. Most of us are wise enough to know that wearing a Dynamite baits hat ain't gonna improve your catch rate. Those companies though probably keep the magazine going so it's going to stay.

As for the revamp I have yet to see it yet but I still haven't got over the way Kerrang changed back in the day:(

flightliner

Reaction score
Not commented on this untill I saw a new copy but it seemed pretty much as it was before, maybe a shuffling of position of reports/ news etx but overall ok.

mike47

Reaction score
I buy IYCF if I see an item that takes my fancy and very occasionally AT. Often I put them down and consider that my cash would have been more wisely spent on a couple of pints of maggots.