TF Gear

chrissh

Reaction score
not over impressed with TFG rods. had the all rounder used it 3 time and gave it away it was like a broom handle

arthur2sheds

Reaction score
I have a Matt Hayes Compact feeder in 8'.... brilliant little rod, perfect for commercials and TBH it does a bit of bomb work for a bit of skimmer fishing... nice and soft in the tip with plenty lower down if you hit a lump.... You need soft hands playing your fish' but hey.... that's no bad thing... I see loads of folk who are carping with heavy rods "giving it the butt" when there is no need too

Good fittings, nice appearance, had it three seasons.... big thumbs up.... it's the "Go To" rod on small commercials for me... I only use my Forcemaster now on bigger waters

john step

Reaction score
I see in their brochure that everything is marked as "only£X".
Who is kidding who.

terry m

Reaction score
My experience of TF Gear extends to one camo t-shirt.

So, not really qualified to say. Though the t-shirt is fine, when I can find it.

fishperch

Reaction score
I have the banshee all rounder and it us a good rod to use as a float rod, when i used it for leadering the extension section broke so i wasn't impressed, overall they are ok, the reels are good though. however you can get cheeper ones that are the same sometimes better quality such as ngt

caelan

Reaction score
I have t.f.chair after a few trips lost arm nut an washer but soon repaired
an had to keep an eye on the rest of nut an bolts so as not to lose anymore
martin/caelan

nicepix

Reaction score
I've got a TFG landing net whereby the head is suitable for a 20lb + fish, but the two piece pole doesn't inspire confidence at half that weight.

A zip up tackle organiser with a broken zip. The zip broke within a few months and it isn't as though it has much strain to deal with.

And a pair of winter boots that are as comfortable as carpet slippers and almost as waterproof.

TFG = Total F***ing Garbage IMO.

caelan

Reaction score
NICEPIX
WELL SAID I also had a rod bag of them that also has a broken zip its now in shed me thinks or the bin

B

binka

And a pair of winter boots that are as comfortable as carpet slippers and almost as waterproof.

TFG = Total F***ing Garbage IMO.

Ha ha the good old TFG boots... I think I had a pair of the same ones if they're the ones that soak your feet in anything as light as light dew on the grass :eek:mg:

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
Got quite a few bits of TFG luggage and I have to say I've found it pretty well made and [so far] quite robust. I like it and I'm not easily impressed.....but every bit I picked up heavily reduced,I wouldn't pay top dollar for it.

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The so called waterproof boots are a total waste of moeny and are about as waterproof as a pair of crocks !

Saying that I have a bivvy from them and it's great, plus a few jackets and topps, hoodys etc and they're all spot on.

I do know they have excellent customer service and won't argue about a item if you don't want it, they just refund your money no messin about.

I think overall they have some good stuff and some bad but it's nice to know they're helpfull if your not happy.

mark brailsford 2

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I had a friend who thought that by buying TFG stuff he was getting ''the best''! I tried to tell him that Matt Hayes lost the plot when he left Shimano and went ''solo''! H has regretted buying the stuff ever since!

---------- Post added at 22:43 ---------- Previous post was at 22:36 ----------

The so called waterproof boots are a total waste of moeny and are about as waterproof as a pair of crocks !

Saying that I have a bivvy from them and it's great, plus a few jackets and topps, hoodys etc and they're all spot on.

I do know they have excellent customer service and won't argue about a item if you don't want it, they just refund your money no messin about.

I think overall they have some good stuff and some bad but it's nice to know they're helpfull if your not happy.

[comment moderated following reported complaints]

Last edited by a moderator: