which bivvy is best for me

Colin Gorman

Reaction score
Hi People

Haverecently become disabledso have decided to return to my first passion as a child Carp Fishingso I amlooking at purchasing a2 man bivvywhichI can use 24/7 throughout the year that can be easily be erected and dismantled from a wheelchair with the minimum of effort and fuss PLUS should the weather suddenly go tits up I canquickly reverse the chair under a porch without damaging the groundsheet(I sit about 140cmsin the chair)-currently I am being drawn towards the Force8 but would like the views of the forum.Cheers Colin Gorman

JIMMY---PAAS

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Hi Colin; May I suggest to you, that if you go to an angling mega store, and have a look at what they have on display, this way you can see for yourself, which one would suit you.

And also they will be more than happy for you to put it down and re erect it for your-self.

Jimmy.

JIMMY---PAAS

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
PS: Colin; If you fill in you,re profile, the members will know which area you live and help you out more.

Jimmy.

JIMMY---PAAS

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Thanks for the P.M. Colin;

Let us know how you get on mate. And I,m sure that the members on this forum, will help you in every way that they can.

stephen webb

Reaction score
Colin,

For general fishing I would recommend the Korum dayshelter instead of a brolly! You will be able to fit your wheelchair under one of these easily, they are easy to put up/dimantle, and have the added advantage of being able to use as a windbeaker when the weather is better!

Bivvy wise I woud visit a mega store and talkto them and have a good look, places like Gerry's of Wimbledon have a vast selection made up so you will be able to see which one suites you best!

As someone who runs a website for the disabled I would b interested in the one you choose!

Hope this helps!

Steve

Colin Gorman

Reaction score
Hi Steve

Thanks your e-mail got a pretty good reference on the Force 8 from Jimmy from Scotland who has used his on all year round day and night with his grandchildren in some extreme weather conditions(well it is Scotland) and has nothing but praise for this bivvy.PROVIDED you do follow the instructions and dont snap a pole he reckons it takes about 30 secs to erect(promo videoclaims 20 secs) not including securing to ground,so I figure it should take me approximately 5mins in good conditions and light which I can live with-to be absolutely certain will be visiting Pro Master of Barkingside which is the nearest/biggest to me forphysical confirmation.

Interested in your disabled web site-I'm pretty new to being in a wheelchair(I'm still being treated by occupational and physiotherapists) and could do with some outside guidenceand advice-my hobby up to now has been driving classic cars on the roads and tracks of europe (sonoaffinity with fishing there) somy inability to use my legs at the momenthas left me feeling somewhatfrustrated and isolated.

My direct e-mail address is colingorman@msn.com

Specihunter

Reaction score
look at oval brollys that can add fronts to easy to erect and well mine survived what happened at easter.

Happy fishing

Colin Gorman

Reaction score
Hispeci-hunter

Was out the country this easter but do remember that onreturning through northern France in my car which didn't have a roof(long story) no matter what direction I turned the high winds and driving rain soaked me to the core-therefore and I could be wrong about thisI'm going to be looking for something which offers me protectionall fronts ,for soft bugger like me who still wants his creature comforts even on long fishing trips.

Cheers Colin

Specihunter

Reaction score
hi colin

The ovals are the all-round as you can add a front if it's raining or leave it off when it's dry.Try looking at Nash, Jrc , wychwood and fox.

Another idea if you have the budget get the korum deluxe chair which is very comftable plus the additions will make fishing easier , they do a single or double rod rest, table and a brolly holder.

Speci