hollyfields carp fishing winter

james richards

Reaction score
hello has anyone fished hollyfield in the winter as im plannig to fish there this winter any info about swims bait anything like that thanks

C

Cakey

not fished it for a couple of years now so the same may not true but I used to like the far half of the lake

if you look from the cafe end the left had side has a point ,this was a very hot spot fishing up against a weed bed

the very far bank was also very good with the fish coming into the margins under bushes

half way down the right hand side theres a bunch of trees fish about 6 rod lengths out

Holyfields used to be a real runs water with 25 carp a daybeingeasy but since gone quite hard after a small fish kill but fish are now a lot bigger at nearly 40lb for a couple

they used to like fruity boilies and In the winter I used to have big catches on 4 pieces of corn popped up

the relief channel has some some huge pike in it at this stretch if the carp are not having it

C

Cakey

yes I know the Banjo lake in Stanstead Abbotts but Im just leaving for Gold Valley Lakes to take pictures of the Aces v Chavs match

so will get back to you tomorrow