what gave u the edge

caelan

Reaction score
I have to say I use to use brasem on all my baits to give them more flavour
but in the last few months I switched over to using SCOPEX an it put a lot more tench/bream in the net for me them bream on the thames loved it how about any one here got the edge on there baits
martin/caelan

Lark

Reaction score
Back in the early to mid-nineties when I fished a local Thames evening league, I used to always put two or three drops of Scopex liquid into my maggot and caster. I always seemed to do well on the stick for the amazing dace we used to get then, supplemented by some equally good roach that usually showed up in the better swims for the last half hour or so.
I was convinced this gave me an edge, maybe it was just part of the 'confidence' routine that gave me a positive approach, I don't really know for sure, but what I do know is that I would rather have used it than not!

Keith M

Reaction score
One of the things that I used to think gave me an edge when I fished matches on the Canal was a can of 'Wasp Grub' flavouring that I used to spray onto my Pinkies; you could smell the sweet sickly flavour from two swims away.
I may not have caught more fish with it but it gave me a lot more confidence, and the Bream and larger Chub didn't have an aversion to it either.

Keith

arthur2sheds

Reaction score
It's all about percentages.... if a flavouring gives you a 1% edge, then using a different hooksize or finer wire hook from the rest of the herd gives you another a few more%, years of experience another few %, then a low diameter reel line and a sneaky rig gives another 5%, then you are up on the game already... it's about maximising what you do to give you the edge over others.... a better bait supplier, running off your own caster instead of buying the shop's preserved ones... little edges that give a better all round performance on the day.... They all mount up.... you take what edges you can... and if you can create a few more for yourself, then it's all to the good:wh:cool:

Ray Roberts

Reaction score
I dose my bait with Lo-Salt. I add to my; corn, meat and hemp. If I am fishing with punched flake which has been rolled I sprinkle it prior to rolling. It really works very well.

chav professor

Reaction score
If bream is your thing.... Tuna oil is pretty effective... was plagued with bream on the Royalty a few years back now.
hampshireavon014.jpg

A nice oily halibut pellet ground bait... copious glug of tuna oil.

I always suspected that the tuna oil in the groundbait here did no harm...
bream084.jpg