worried about delkim bobbins

nik saunders

Reaction score
hi guys can anyone help as i have just got myself some delks with there light up bobbins,but im worried when you get a run and you strike the strike might damage the jack plug what the that fits in to alarm ,or the wire to the bobbin, any surggestions please/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

Reaction score
Nik,

Never seen these in action, but if the're made by Delkim themselves, I really wouldn't worry about it! They will either last a lifetime or if they do break, then Delkim will fix/replace them and turn them round within a week.

Trust Delkim -you know it makes sense.

nik saunders

Reaction score
cheers mate ,know what your sayin about delkim ,only just got them bought four alarms and reciever and bobbins to go with alarms for £470,from a mate who s skint and only used in france once,my old fox eos r let me down when i went away for a week fishin ,two kept on givin low battery signals off even when i changed the batts,so hope these delks live up to the hype,as for the bobbins my tackle shop recomended i fit some chains incase you strike to hard and could damage the jack plug ,bit confused what there sayin? as for the delks because i have bought them 2nd hand will they still fix them if some thing goes wrong ?

Richard Turner 3

Reaction score
you have no need to worry mate iv had mine since they first came out never had a problem yet and they been through some abuse so just go out there and know your using the best alarms in the buisness

Ian Gemson

Reaction score
The delkim bobbins do have a tendency to fail after a bit of use this is mainly due to the electrical cable breaking within the outer plastic skin. A way around this is to use small cable ties and cable tie the electrical cable to a similar length Solar chain. The only problem now is the Solar hockey stick block the port for the delkim jack plug. However if you get the old style buzzer bars they have male thread extensions under the femal alarm thread hole and you can place the hockey stick on these.
PICT0079.jpg

PICT0077.jpg

nik saunders

Reaction score
now thats a answer, nice one ian ,i can see what my tackle shop were on about now ,thankyou very much mate ,gonna do what you say as the bobbins are not cheap,cheers/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif