Future Fishing Tech

theartist

Reaction score
Whilst we wait for our Graphene rods to arrive what future technologies do you think will revolutionize angling in the future? Think Isaac Asimov rather than Isaac Walton, the wackier the better.

I reckon nanobot technology inside artificial baits would work can you imagine a fake worm or bunch of maggots that never stopped wriggling.

Last edited:

arthur2sheds

Reaction score
I think that Bamboo .... split into sections and glued into a hexagonal form with a diminishing taper from butt to tip with some eyes whipped on would make an excellent rod....

If you mated that with a pierced backplate with a spindle that carried a circular machined spool, strengthened with thin struts with a pair of bone handles and attached it to the rod via a solid metal foot with a pair of aluminium (Americans, note the spelling) bands.. I think that this would be the height of technology for the future.... it could look a little like this

:wh:D:cool:

bracket

Reaction score
Who can say. The way technology is advancing, it will most probably be "Reality Fishing in Cyber Space". A bit like a sophisticated version of The Clangers. Pete.

B

binka

Bait submarine... For venues where bait boats are banned :eek:mg:

john step

Reaction score
ceramic weightless hooks impregnated with flavour.

Last edited:

bennygesserit

Reaction score
VR glasses that give you a real time view of your hookbait , I probably still wouldnt catch.

A hook that allows you to specify which species you want call it the roachamatic 4000.

Fishing line that never bio degrades ( unless it gets wet )

Time delayed ground bait.

Multi dimensional fishing luggage so you can get a whole barrow on your bike.