any FOOLS

caelan

Reaction score
HI TANGLERS
DID any one get caught out by any april fools stories I hope they
never put any in this weeks fishing mags because I have read them I did not notice any thing wrong I hope lol

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
I was in a black cab in London this morning and as we left Euston station I heard the driver tell someone on the phone that he was taking a fare to Birmingham...

Ray Roberts

Reaction score
One of my customers e-mailed his staff with a spoof e-mail purporting to come from Costa Coffee, which is the building next to his offices. All of his employees could claim a free cup of coffee and a Breakfast Bap on presentation of a voucher code; looflirpa 45688, he reckoned that he caught most of them.

Many years ago my wife started a new job in a bakery as a trainee manageress, her first customer that morning pointed towards some fresh cream cakes and said; "I'll have one of them and two of those" my wife wrapped them and put them in boxes. He then proceeded to choose nearly every cake in the shop which my wife dutifully boxed up until the pile of cakes was so high she could barely see over it. She was well made up and thought she was going to get a saleswoman of the year award. As she stacked the last cake the guy said "It's my Birthday next Thursday week, I'll be back then". He turned on his heels and walked out of the shop, all of her new colleagues rolled about laughing, apparently he was the local nutter and tried it on with every newbie on their first day.

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
I thought they were trying one on today at work.

We're in the middle of a major building refurb and this morning I've got 18 tonne trucks all over my car park and contractors in and out of the building with crates most of whom seem to speak only Bulgarian or Klingon. As I speak neither we are communicating by drawing pictures. We're also running a training course so the place is full of visitors. I'm up to my neck in all this when the fire alarm goes off. Ba$tards I thought....and shot downstairs expecting to see the alarm panel reading "test".

Nope...it said "Fire Zone 1"....everybody out ! Some muppet had left their toast on !

Merv Harrison

Reaction score
I thought they were trying one on today at work.

We're in the middle of a major building refurb and this morning I've got 18 tonne trucks all over my car park and contractors in and out of the building with crates most of whom seem to speak only Bulgarian or Klingon. As I speak neither we are communicating by drawing pictures. We're also running a training course so the place is full of visitors.

You should have told the visitors they were looking for the remains of 'Richard the 4th' :eek:mg:

nicepix

Reaction score
It was standard practice to leave some toast on every training day where I used to work. It cut at least an hour off the day so it only felt like you were there for two weeks.

B

binka

Suckered a mate by text early this morning into believing I'd bought a Daiwa Airity pole off of ebay cheap on the basis of there being a new model out and that I was gonna pick a seat box up on my way home.

There was all of a couple of minutes between his first text of disbelief and the second with all the expletives after he had cottoned on :D

sagalout

Reaction score
I only fell for the thread on here that they was selling tins of hemp and snails for £6.

Titus

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
My wifes staff caught her this morning and she only cottoned on when the fourth one came into the office to ask for a copy of the maternity policy.