dustbin lid bream

caelan

Reaction score
I am looking to get into a double figure bream this new season but it may have
to come from a day ticket water do any of you know of one inside a 2 hour drive from Hertfordshire I do have lakes on my club water with them but any new lakes/rivers/canals are worth a try martin/caelan

arthur2sheds

Reaction score
A12 Cuton Lakes have doubles but it's a hard water
A12 Cuton Lakes Fishery - Essex Carp Fishing - Chelmsford - Day Tickets

Dean Macey did a Fishing Gurus show from there once, the target was big Bream... I had some big Bream from Tylers Common fishery in Brentwood on Wagtail lake... a couple were just over the 7lb mark and one nudging 8 and a mate of mine had a 12lber on the pole :eek:

The bad one

Reaction score
Can't help you with water location but I do hope you've plenty of time on your hands, day and night. As double figure bream are one of the most infuriating fish to fish for. So, so easy if they’re inclined to feed, but if they are not and/or you don’t get and time your fishing trips right to the right conditions, then you could fish a season without ever getting a bite off one.
And I say that as a veteran of over 35 years of fishing for them on some of the best bream waters in the NW and Midlands with fish up to 19 +lbs.

In my view catching a double figure tench or a carp 30lb+ is much easier!

cg74

Reaction score
I am looking to get into a double figure bream this new season but it may have
to come from a day ticket water do any of you know of one inside a 2 hour drive from Hertfordshire I do have lakes on my club water with them but any new lakes/rivers/canals are worth a try martin/caelan

Martin, there are quite literally hundreds of venues within 2 hours from Hatfield that have double figure bream in them.

You need to state more clearly your exact criteria as I could say go and fish Tring reservoirs or States Lagoon, both have double figure bream but as fisheries they're poles apart.

flightliner

Reaction score
Can't help you with water location but I do hope you've plenty of time on your hands, day and night. As double figure bream are one of the most infuriating fish to fish for. So, so easy if they’re inclined to feed, but if they are not and/or you don’t get and time your fishing trips right to the right conditions, then you could fish a season without ever getting a bite off one.
And I say that as a veteran of over 35 years of fishing for them on some of the best bream waters in the NW and Midlands with fish up to 19 +lbs.

In my view catching a double figure tench or a carp 30lb+ is much easier!
A superb bream there bad one, care to recount the capture .:)

caelan

Reaction score
Cg74
you are spot on with tring as i am a member only had them up to 6lb in 4 years of fishing there

---------- Post added at 07:46 ---------- Previous post was at 07:33 ----------

ARTHUR2SHEDS
yes fished tylers common had a few small bream out then the carp move in an spoil a good day LOL A12 culton will give it a go have walked the place but not fished it

The bad one

Reaction score
A superb bream there bad one, care to recount the capture .:)
I wish! :(
No Flight, I think you misunderstood what I wrote and meant. The Waters contained fish to that size. Not that I'd had them to that size. A modest 13 02 is my best.

flightliner

Reaction score
Thanks for that Bad One, appreciated.
Your thirteens still a very big bream tho- well done.
Nothing modest about it whatsoever !!!!

The bad one

Reaction score
Flight for some reason, that I've not worked out yet, I always seem to be the photographer for other people's big fish :confused: :)

caelan

Reaction score
bob
a guy at work is a member at nazing he has had loads from there an he done an article in anglers mail catching double figure bream waiting list to get on