Waterproof Strides?

naxian62

Reaction score
Been thinking about acquiring a pair of lightweight waterproof trousers to shove in the bag for Summer, already got the top half sorted. A quick look around and I came up with the "Nash s" and the Vass-tex 170 s.
Can anyone recommend these or perhaps something else.
Cheers

caelan

Reaction score
NAXIAN62
hi I picked a pair up in aldi they were for the winter skiers/snowboarders
I have used them keep you dry and warm hope this helps 17.00 pound I think

john step

Reaction score
Don't spend too much for lightweight waterproofs. They all leak before long. The inside coatings crack and flake especially where you sit and the knee creases.
You can get a pair of proper Regatta overtrousers in a comfortably large size for sitting down in for less than a tenner on" Fleabay" post free.

They last for a year or two.

sumtime

Reaction score
I have a pair of Peter Storm packable pants I bought from Millets near two years ago
, excellent for £15.

cattyfatty

Reaction score
mine are the same peter storm waterproof over trousers had then now for over 4 years and still going , just pack away and stored in my carryall.
worth getting hiking gear last longer .

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
Still use my Preston 'dri-fish' in warmer weather. The blue and black ones. Mine are mainly brown now, caked with bream and roach slime with a hint of groundbait, but have lasted 8 odd years and still waterproof.

tincatim

Reaction score
Still use my Preston 'dri-fish' in warmer weather. The blue and black ones. Mine are mainly brown now, caked with bream and roach slime with a hint of groundbait, but have lasted 8 odd years and still waterproof.

An inch thick coating of bream slime is surprisingly waterproof :thumbs:

bazilrush

Reaction score
My emergency two piece waterproof suit is from screwfix and cost the princely sum of 15 quid. Does the job and takes up no space folded up in my box or back pack

ravey

Reaction score
Berghaus deluge overtrousers. I have two pairs - one for 'road use' on my scooter daily commute, and another pair for fishing. Very happy with the performance. In winter, I simply wear long johns and army surplus thermal trousers underneath.

law

Reaction score
Army goretex- had mine five years now, never let the wet in- £10.

Yup. Ive got the bottom and a jacket. The jacket is around 10 years old and lives stuffed into a pocket in my bag with the trousers.
Both are still totally waterproof.