So much for the forcasts

maggot_dangler

Reaction score
Well out today bite forecasts all said good yea right as like load of phoontang varmint phoontang i tell you :mad: , Grand total for the day 6 fish 5 of which would not have half filled a sardine tin the other one a perch maybe 8oz

PG ..

nogoodboyo

Reaction score
Daily Express by the sound of it.
Sometimes you just don't catch as many fish as you'd like to.
Such is life.

cattyfatty

Reaction score
call me old fashioned ,but i do it old school open my back door to the house and look out into the back field and if the cows are lying down ,its to the pub.
if they are standing will go fishing and how i choose my bait is if a cow farts before having a cow pie on the floor its groundbait with sweetcorn hookbait.
if it just farts will use the float and worm...:wh

maggot_dangler

Reaction score
"phoontang varmint phoontang"

Простите?

A quote from the film Caddyshack .. An seriously watchable film a literal translation is Gopher какашка

εντάξει

PG ..

---------- Post added at 09:03 ---------- Previous post was at 09:01 ----------

Why would i have a beef about someone using a forecast to predict bites:eek::eek:

Thats ok .... :wh mind you they are crapola of late .. serious crapola ... look at what they say and the exact opposite is the truth ..

PG ..

rich4930

Reaction score
There's no big magic recipe behind these forecast sites and apps. They're all based on exactly the same thing (that's why they'll all say more or less the same) -> moon phase. The basic theory is that every half cycle is good (ie. full/new moon respectively). So every 15 days roughly, you'll get 2 good days with a mediocre day either side. And because the theory behind it is the alignment of sun and moon, it also means that 50% through the cycle (either waining or waxing) is also considered "ok", just not quite as good.

So, all told, you just end up with roughly a 7-8 day good/bad cycle with peaks every 2 weeks and fluctuations depending on the exactly sun/moon alignment at the peak of each phase. Weekend just gone was a 50% moon, my app was telling me to get out there too. I did and I blanked, but that was down to stupidity and not lack of fish :p

They all just take the same basic ingredient and spice them up a bit differently. I can't help but get taken in by it, but my own running statistics (over almost 12 months) are not very convincing. As yet I've not been able to establish any pattern other than good catches usually following a period of "good preparation and hard work" ;-)