Need New Chair ?

naxian62

Reaction score
So, been looking at getting myself a new chair.
Requirements: Light, comfy-ish, not stupid expensive and without a bar underneath the seat part that digs into your thighs.

Had a look around, and came up with; Korum Supa-lite (looking favourite), Fox adjusta level and the Chub superlite,- although maybe too low.
Can anyone add anything to this , or got first hand experience of these products?
Cheers, and more importantly tight lines.

stevejay

Reaction score
I bought the Korum supa lite last year. Good bit of kit, very light and can be clipped to their rucksacks to make carrying it a doddle.

Reasonably comfortable, yes, it won't be as plush as some of the top end all singing all dancing chairs but if you walk any distance this is the piece of kit for you.

Legs adjust and you can get attachments for rod rests, trays etc.

Bought mine for river work but have used it for carp day sessions and it's comfy enough, although I sit on an old unhooking mat as a cushion which overcomes the lack of any padding on the chair seat.

Overall I would definitely recommend it.

john step

Reaction score
Do a search on this forum as there were a lot of good ideas about various chairs recently.

naxian62

Reaction score
Cheers guys. Had a little sit in a Supa-lite, felt good enough for me . Probably pick one up at the weekend.

sagalout

Reaction score
My experience suggests that you should steer clear of the Nash Indulgence. Poor.
That's interesting Terry, I had my last one for four years (the only problem I had, until the leg adjusters packed up, was the stitching in the seat cushion let go after a couple of weeks but nash sent out a new cushion), then tried the Korum chairs, but have gone back to an Indulgence. My new one has some design tweaks and is a higher quality build than the old one.

john step

Reaction score
That's interesting Terry, I had my last one for four years (the only problem I had, until the leg adjusters packed up, was the stitching in the seat cushion let go after a couple of weeks but nash sent out a new cushion), then tried the Korum chairs, but have gone back to an Indulgence. My new one has some design tweaks and is a higher quality build than the old one.

I have an indulgence long legs which is comfortable but extremely heavy and only any good when fishing near the car.
I have a Fox Adjuster roving chair which is very light but for tall people like me is crippling on the back as your knees tuck up too high.
I don't think there is any one chair that does it all.

dangermouse

Reaction score
Do a search on this forum as there were a lot of good ideas about various chairs recently.

Yeah.

Just don`t buy one from Binka. With the amount of modifications they`ve had you need a 4x4 and a trailer to get it to the bankside.

nicepix

Reaction score
Yeah.

Just don`t buy one from Binka. With the amount of modifications they`ve had you need a 4x4 and a trailer to get it to the bankside.

No need for a trailer. His latest chair is self propelled......

Wheel_chair_tank.jpg

The Sogster

Reaction score
I have the nash nomad ultralight, bought to replace my 20 year old aluminium JRC.

I'm only just pushing 10 stone and have had no problems with build quality or stitching over the last 10 months or so of very regular use.

I like the detachable cushion, and the chair can be used without it in the rain. The holes in the base mean I'm not sat in a puddle.

The only naff thing about it really is the cheap unpadded strap.

benny samways

Reaction score
Dont go for the Fox adjusta chair it is uncomfortable for average height/ short people too.

I wish I didnt chuck my old JRC Terry Hearn recliner as this was comfy even though it was heavier than chairs made nowadays.

john step

Reaction score
Dont go for the Fox adjusta chair it is uncomfortable for average height/ short people too.

I wish I didnt chuck my old JRC Terry Hearn recliner as this was comfy even though it was heavier than chairs made nowadays.

Yes they are lousy...I agree.

flightliner

Reaction score
Stay away from the JRC CONTACT--- ok design for my needs but the padded seat stiching was coming apart and the height adjuster feet kept slipping-- and all in the first four weeks from buying.
Definately a bad buy.:eek:mg::eek:mg::eek:mg:

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
Ive said it before....I don't think there is any one chair that will cover all situations. My current squad comprises

JRC X-Lo : Good for roving on rivers with sloping banks. Very light but also very low
Nash Indulgence Sub-Lo : Lovely comfy chair, not so low. Good for all round work, heavier but not heavy. Probably my fave all rounder.
JRC Cocoon Recliner : High seat and back,light,not as comfy as the Nash but good for sit and wait work. The fact that it reclines is good and as its a high seat it suits my long legs.Bit big for tight pegs.

All 3 have arms which is not to everyone's taste but they really don't get in the way and I like arms on me chairs for the same reason that cots have sides.

Lot of people rate the Korums but I dont like gizmo chairs and I find them generally uncomfortable.....though not as uncomfortable as the Fox Adjusta which to me feels like being racked by some Spanish Inquisitor. Horrible thing.

The Daddy Long legs is supremely comfy but weighs as much as an average cow. I'd have to bulk up seriously to contemplate lugging that monster around.

Last edited:
B

binka

Stay away from the JRC CONTACT--- ok design for my needs but the padded seat stiching was coming apart and the height adjuster feet kept slipping-- and all in the first four weeks from buying.
Definately a bad buy.:eek:mg::eek:mg::eek:mg:

I think you got a week more out of yours than I did out of mine flight...