Overnighter brollies

B

binka

Does anyone have a recommendation for a good overnighter brolly?

This is something I've been looking at for some time, I was interested in the Trakker MC-60 (the old Mod 60) and liked the modular aspect of it with additional front panels etc but to be honest all those extras are just overkill for what I need although I would like something that wraps around a bit more than the standard 50" brolly I currently use on long and overnight sessions sitting behind rods.

I have been offered a new condition Aqua Fast & Light which is a shelter I like, given the very reasonable price I've been offered it at (less than half price) I may well have to put aside my difference of opinion which I formed with Aqua a few months ago... It is officially second hand and a private sale so it's not like I'm putting my business their way :D

Every man has his price :wh

Any other suggestions or feedback on the Aqua?

I have to say that I've been very impressed with the variety and features of what's out there.

Cheers.

arthur2sheds

Reaction score
Have a look at the Fox Supabrolly.... it gets good write ups everywhere.... but it's not cheap.... the standout feature is the low profile mechanism that gives extra headroom underneath...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvsB12Js-6s

they do a Compact version too...:cool:

---------- Post added at 15:14 ---------- Previous post was at 14:54 ----------

If you want a 50" thats quite portable with stormsides that's quite cheap I can recommend the Korum Fibreshield... I have one and it's the biz.... bedchairs are damn tight underneath though.... better as a day session brolly not much headroom either, due to the standard brolly mechanism.... so you'd need a low chair

korum-fibreshield-umbrella.jpg

another shelter to look at are the Wychwood solace HD brollies available in 50" and 60"..... lots cheaper than the Fox too

sagalout

Reaction score
Binka, surely you have broken most of your equipment and have had to return home long before you need an overnight shelter?

---------- Post added at 21:09 ---------- Previous post was at 21:08 ----------

But if you really feel you need one I suggest you look for an anderson shelter or something similar, maybe a cold war bunker?

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
Although I haven't used it recently, I have a Fox jobby like the pic above.
With storm poles in the front flaps (errrm) you can unscrew the central pole and block the wind or kip in it...
On a 24 hour club do years ago it saved my bacon...except nicking the cushions off the sofa for a mattress didn't go down too well....

peterjg

Reaction score
Don't buy the Korum 50 inch brolly with sides - I've got one and it is rubbish!

flightliner

Reaction score
Agree with this.

Also remember Aqua products are only really suitable for 'guesting'. :rolleyes:
Nahhh!, once upon a time maybe.But all the subterfuge is a thing of the past these days.
Just get kitted out with gear and clothing from sports direct;).

B

binka

Thanks for the suggestions fellas.

I’ve decided to take up the offer on the Aqua Fast & Light as it’s just too good to turn down at over sixty quid below what the tip top ones are going for on Ebay and less than half the shop price, it’s only done a few light summer sessions and I could sell it on for more than I've paid for it (not that I want to).

I just need to pop out in the morning and pick it up, I’ll post a pic once I get it home… Unless of course it’s raining, I don’t want to get it wet! :doh:

Mind you I did have one alternative idea…

flightliner

Reaction score
Binka, I see you've been looking around Muskham, good choice, those pigsheds are only a short cast from the river, better get the lines nailed well down tho as any passing juggernought travelling north on the A1 could have the rods in glasgow before you wake up!!:D

Last edited:
B

binka

Guess who’s been out playing for the last three hours? :D

Well chuffed if I’m honest, condition looks literally like new apart from the obvious signs of use on the ground pegs and I’ve improvised with a few banksticks instead of “proper” storm poles but can’t really see any reason not to continue with ‘em instead and avoid forking out daft money…

And the leak test passed with flying colours after the customary de-badging of the brolly…

The Aquatex material feels really nice, can’t say I would be happy parting with the new rrp of £279 for one but I’m more than happy at the £112 paid :cool:

Right then, as soon as someone turns this hosepipe off i'll make my way out.

Ah, hang on a minute where is everybody?

Hello... Hello... ?

C'mon now stop mucking around I've got the laptop under 'ere...

law

Reaction score
My Supa Brolly lasted about 4 trips before it went in the bin.
I pulled it out on the next trip and the storm poles had ripped through the material. I contacted Fox who said that they should be removed while packing it away.
Being new, I still had all the stuff that came with it, so looked through it all and it said nothing about that.

So I went back to my Badger brolly that cost me 20 quid second hand about 10 years ago, and it's still going strong now.

B

binka

Hang on a minute....what's that in the background of the 1st pic ? If that's another bloody chair conversion it'll never fit under that brolly !

Ha Ha...

Yes I thought the canopy was a good idea as a sun block and the swing would come in handy as an alternative to the pendulum cast :D