Good morning

platform1

Reaction score
Hi new member AND NEW to FIshing

Anyone got any advice on fishing only just started but caught a huge fish the morning. The wife cooked it for tea fantastic.

Quick question am I the only one who coordinates his welling tons with his hat when fishing

flightliner

Reaction score

Anyone got any advice on fishing only just started but caught a huge fish the morning. The wife cooked it for tea fantastic.

Quick question am I the only one who coordinates his welling tons with his hat when fishing
Well done platform1, your wife must have a time machine as its not yet teatime:D.

thecrow

Reaction score

If that's the best you can do you wont get any bites on here, much better bait on offer.

davethesax

Reaction score

I assume you’re either a game or sea fisherman, if the former - greetings, though if the latter welcome aboard might be more appropriate :thumbs:
I’m sure you will find masses of information on this friendly :) site presuming the fish you caught wasn’t a coarse fish or heavens forbid a carp :eek:

davethesax

Reaction score
Come on Jerry and Derek don’t give the bloke a hard time until he has learnt the quirkiness of the site :D

B

binka

Well, I may be going against the grain here but I’ve given the OP a like!

Not so much for the fact that that they enjoyed their tea so much as the fact that they’ve raised the taboo subject of wellie/hat coordination.

I’ve personally been afflicted by this and found that there is very little if any help available and so hold it dear to my heart and as the question has been raised I’ve finally found the strength to speak out.

I too faced this dilemma… Aigle Parcour wellies which came in brown (to match my hat) or Le Chameau which only came in green (which didn’t match my hat) but felt so damn good…

I chose the Le Chams.

Oh how I now wish my hat would blow off into a river never to be seen again so that I could replace it with a green one and be fully coordinated but alas we’ve had too many a good time and I just can’t bring myself to deliberately loosen the chin strap and so I have to live with this awful affliction.

To this day I’ve had to avoid distance trophy shots for fear of embarrassment and settle for kneeling, up close and personal trophy shots of fish.

I don’t think there’s any real recognition of this issue and a paltry half a billion quid on an effective advertising campaign could raise awareness and settle it for once and for all.

So…

Welcome to FM :)