joined the LAA this season

caelan

Reaction score
me and some mates have joined up to fish the LONDON ANGLERS ASSOCIATION most of the waters that have been looked at so far are not very
good to look at all overgrown cant get near the water has any one out there been in the same club if so drop us a line martin/caelan

john step

Reaction score
Sounds like some non pressured waters :)

Just sent off my LAA form. As Peter below says the Britford is worth the money. I live quite a way from Britford and the membership is because I intend to have a week down there when I can fit it in this year. There is also the prospect of some Great Ouse piking in the winter. All for £37.50 for old s-ds!!

Last edited:

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
The best thing about joining the LAA is access to Britford on the Hampshire Avon below Salisbury, but then being local it is worth it to me for that one venue alone.

Bob Hornegold

Reaction score
Some of the LAA waters are overgrown and that's exactly how they should be, over grown and under pressured !!

There are plenty of open LAA waters, where the fishing is easily accessible, Hertford, Stollies and the Old Lea.

Bob

Derek Gibson

Reaction score
Martin,

Overgrown waters can hold some real surprises and have a magic all their own. One thing's for sure, it wouldn't deter me and I'm sure many others on here from tackling them with relish. The mere fact that they are overgrown indicates that they have received little attention, a rare situation these days.

Bear in mind the exploring angler can unearth some real treasures.

Best of luck mate, and keep in mind that in such areas the fish can be extremely spooky, so approach them like the proverbial commando.

no-one in particular

Reaction score
My brother joined them some years ago. I was impressed by the amount of waters they had, far and wide. He took me to a section of the River Beult in Kent once they had and it was lovely little river.

caelan

Reaction score
THANKS TANGLERS
I am
looking at the LAA waters in a better light now as I said in my first post not seen the waters myself but not long to wait now cheers gents

no-one in particular

Reaction score
THANKS TANGLERS
I am
looking at the LAA waters in a better light now as I said in my first post not seen the waters myself but not long to wait now cheers gents

Remembering this a bit more Caelan, I fished both the Teise and the Beult in Kent. Both little stretches of LAA waters. They were both underused and overgrown but, that did not stop me enjoying some good fishing. As the LAA has so many waters far and wide I guess a lot of them get underused and become overgrown-as many have said this can be a big plus.