choice of 2 waters both are good fishing

fishperch

Reaction score
im planning a fishing trip on Saturday and im blessed with the option of fishing 2 good lakes.
the first is a match lake with lits of small little fish and afew bigger fish. you are almost guaranteed to catch. its a long walk from the car park however.

lake 2 is a small water and has alot of shade vegetation but also alot of big snags in the water ( I think they r bits of tree stumps etc) there is a higher chance of catching bigger fish in this lake but it's not as good fishing in terms of amount of fish you catch then the other. it is clos to the car park too but some of the pegs are unfishable due to overgrown trees etc

so uf you were in my situation which lake would you fish?
I'm just pleasure fishing for a short 5 hour session

itsfishingnotcatching

Reaction score
The smaller snaggy one with the better fish, chances are less people will fish it so get out your shortest rod for the tricky pegs, make sure your line strength is sufficient, I'd go 8lb minimum and have a stalking session for a good fish or two. Quality over quantity for me.

john step

Reaction score
Fish one on Saturday and treat yourself to another day fishing and visit the other one Sunday.:D

fishperch

Reaction score
Fish one on Saturday and treat yourself to another day fishing and visit the other one Sunday.:D
if only I had the time to do that lol

---------- Post added at 12:27 ---------- Previous post was at 12:26 ----------

The smaller snaggy one with the better fish, chances are less people will fish it so get out your shortest rod for the tricky pegs, make sure your line strength is sufficient, I'd go 8lb minimum and have a stalking session for a good fish or two. Quality over quantity for me.
in an ideal world both would come hand in hand, *sigh* dream on

arthur2sheds

Reaction score
Here's summat to consider.... you want a day's pleasure fishing....? then go with the easy water... you'll bag up, have a nice, rewarding, stress free day and you'll have fun....

When you feel up to a challenge... load for bear and get your head sorted.... if you fish a tough water that is hard on both your head and your gear, it's not a lot of fun... I'd advise being in the right frame of mind before going for a water that may disappoint... just my take on it:wh:cool:

itsfishingnotcatching

Reaction score
Here's summat to consider.... you want a day's pleasure fishing....? then go with the easy water... you'll bag up, have a nice, rewarding, stress free day and you'll have fun....

When you feel up to a challenge... load for bear and get your head sorted.... if you fish a tough water that is hard on both your head and your gear, it's not a lot of fun... I'd advise being in the right frame of mind before going for a water that may disappoint... just my take on it

Having just read your post in "How did you get on" it appears a case of

"DO AS I SAY, NOT AS I DO"

:D:D:D;)

Lord Paul of Sheffield

Reaction score
Why not bait up a few swims on the lake with bigger fish, then fish the "easy" lake and on the way back to the car fish a couple of the pre-baited swims on the hard lake

arthur2sheds

Reaction score
Having just read your post in "How did you get on" it appears a case of

"DO AS I SAY, NOT AS I DO"

:D:D:D;)

what's the point in having a syndi ticket and not using it...? I'd been the other week for my pleasure session..... the other day was my carping head on...

Next Sunday I will be wearing my match fishing head.... I have multiple heads as well as sheds:wh:cool:

The Monday after will be my Predator head for a touch of jig/dropshot fishing:D

Tight lines:wh

itsfishingnotcatching

Reaction score
what's the point in having a syndi ticket and not using it...? I'd been the other week for my pleasure session..... the other day was my carping head on...

Next Sunday I will be wearing my match fishing head.... I have multiple heads as well as sheds

The Monday after will be my Predator head for a touch of jig/dropshot fishing

Perhaps that should be "Arthur4heads" then;):D