Me flask is Binka'd!

sagalout

Reaction score
Went to drink me coffee today and it was stone cold, just run a test on the flask and it is full on proper Binka'd. Whats the best one to buy? Want one of a about half a litre capacity for coffee only.

The Sogster

Reaction score
I swear by my Thermos King 1.2l, does exactly what it claims and should.

They do a small 470ml version also.

dorsetandchub

Reaction score
I went through something similar, Binka ing half a dozen through a combination of dropping, kicking and dropkicking. I found a full metal Aladdin flask in Tesco or Sainsbury's at a very cheap price. So far, couple of years, it's been Binka proof - so far....:)

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
In my humble opinion you cannot do better than a Stanley Aladdin flask - I have 3 of them and they are fabulous.

I have the large Green Classic and the Wide mouth food flask and the small milk (dram) flask for the winter.

They are rugged and take all sorts of ill treatment but not the cheapest, but then real quality never is cheap, is it . . . . . buy cheap but often!

Stanley 0 47lt Classic Vacuum Flask with Cup - Green

B

binka

'Spose I should wait and find out what Binka uses.

I've been laughing at this thread :D

The irony of it is that I had a top notch flask similar to the Stanley ones but Thermos branded which had served me well for about four years until I dropped it on the patio a few weeks ago and the outer skin ruptured the inner lining :eek:mg:

I'm currently using a makeshift from the supermarket whilst the weather is warmer but will eventually replace with the same as before or the Stanley one.

---------- Post added at 19:11 ---------- Previous post was at 19:09 ----------

I suspect "USED" would be more accurate :wh

I can't believe you posted that as I was typing the reply about the one I bust :D

sagalout

Reaction score
Forget BSI and Kite Marks we can have a new standard NUBB (Number of Uses By Binka) NUBB 2 is good, NUBB 3 is excellent, and NUBB 4 is superb and NUBB 5 is indestructible in normal use.

dorsetandchub

Reaction score
'Spose I should wait and find out what Binka uses.

UKAE Nuclear Flasks, probably......:)

---------- Post added at 19:22 ---------- Previous post was at 19:20 ----------

I have had the Stanley classic in Peter's link for a couple of years now and its served me well :)

I could imagine that, a Scouser buying a Stanley round here - the Police'd be at my place before me....:)

B

binka

UKAE Nuclear Flasks, probably......:)

Funny you should mention that Phil, I'd literally filled the flask only ten minutes before setting off on foot to a local pond via the shortcut over the level crossing when suddenly and completely out of nowhere...

:D

flightliner

Reaction score
Forget BSI and Kite Marks we can have a new standard NUBB (Number of Uses By Binka) NUBB 2 is good, NUBB 3 is excellent, and NUBB 4 is superb and NUBB 5 is indestructible in normal use.
yeah, maybe, but the mark 6 is under development just in case:wh.

incidentally, I,ve used an Arcosteel flask since nineteen ninety, hot 24 hours later, sadly they dont, to the best of my knowledge make them anymore.

Last edited:

maggot_dangler

Reaction score
Well i have a no name non desscript steel flask that has been thru one rolled rally car umpteen drops on rallys and fishing trips a 1Ltr job batterd and brusied but still works fine around 20 hours and still useably warm (hot water only i use QT it dont brew in the flask)

PG ..

sagalout

Reaction score
Funny you should mention that Phil, I'd literally filled the flask only ten minutes before setting off on foot to a local pond via the shortcut over the level crossing when suddenly and completely out of nowhere...
Bl00dy hell. that made I laarf!

no-one in particular

Reaction score
Well i have a no name non desscript steel flask that has been thru one rolled rally car umpteen drops on rallys and fishing trips a 1Ltr job batterd and brusied but still works fine around 20 hours and still useably warm (hot water only i use QT it dont brew in the flask)

PG ..
I use a small steel flask for my short trips which I think I paid a fiver for, keeping it light. And I use QT tea. I was paying £2.40 in Morrisons and found it for a £1 in the good old pound shop. I stock up with a few jars everynowandthen. Saves a few quid.

john step

Reaction score
GO OUTDOORS do a quality stainless steel one.
It has a screw top that can be washed.
If you have ever seen the messy yuk that congeals inside those types that have a push button you wouldn't want to drink from it again.

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
Are you lot asking me to believe this Binka chappie is some form of walking disaster, to the extent that ' Binka'd ' might just end up with a place in the Oxford dictionary with a description along the lines : ' A bungling person, prone to damaging all that he/she comes in contact with ' ??

Nah, I'm not buying that, not for one minute....In fact I suggest ' Binka'd ' could mean precisely the opposite !

Take last week; The man landed a 17lb + carp on a 2lb 10oz hook length - now does that suggest heavy handed to you ?

Then, some months ago we had a wonderful post where this same heavy handed chappie was looking for a box to hold his floats. Many gave an opinion and suggested bits of tubing, plastic boxes etc etc. but none really understood what he was looking for, well not until he came up with this beautiful box, or boxes, fashioned from finest timber AND varnished to within an inch of it's life !!

Not for Binka, any old box...Oh no, he was looking for the very best in float holding kit which would hold numerous ' sets ' of floats in size order which would put most museum pieces to shame......Made my wife's jewellery box look like old tat !

No, I think this guy is all finesse, precision and care once on the bank and I can well imagine his rods and reels are treated with the same infinite care.....

Okay, he may break the odd chair, and his flasks are asked to bounce once too often
( we no proof of this..) but hey, we all have the odd mishap..........................

I suppose he could well be the ultimate tackle tart..................

ps The standard stainless steel flask from John Lewis does the job for me and dead cheap as well. It needs preheating with hot water for best effect, but certainly keeps the water hot...........Tea bags and milk taken separately, though..

Last edited:

sagalout

Reaction score
ah, I'm not buying that, not for one minute..
Well I for one will not plan any journey until I know where Binka is going to be that day!

I am also suggesting there will be a time in the not to distant future when the Bi***k*'d will be starred out like f****d is.

Last edited by a moderator: