Lobworms

chris k

Reaction score
What's the best way of fishing Lobworms for Chub? Would you bait a few swims first then fish the worm over the top, or just use it when you can visually see the Chub looking for an opportunistic pick up?

rubio

Reaction score
Also try a bunch of 2 or 3 big lobs on a large hook. Size 2 is not too big. It may help to deter some of the smaller perch.

barbelboi

Reaction score
I forgot to mention, something I've found useful is that if the chub on the near bank in clear water are a bit wary is to stir up the bottom upstream with the net handle so that it 'colours' the water - then try again...The main thing being is, if you know where the chub are and they don't know you're there then you're well on the way to hooking them......

Oh, and don't forget your Polaroids...........:)

Derek Gibson

Reaction score
i forgot to mention, something i've found useful is that if the chub on the near bank in clear water are a bit wary is to stir up the bottom upstream with the net handle so that it 'colours' the water - then try again...the main thing being is, if you know where the chub are and they don't know you're there then you're well on the way to hooking them......

Oh, and don't forget your polaroids...........:)

a gem of a tip there jerry, i wonder how many have employed it.