Thinking out loud

caelan

Reaction score
HI TANGLERS
just having a think what was the biggest stroke any of you pulled an got clean away with it only honest ones will do LOL martin/caelan

Keith M

Reaction score
I remember once when I was fishing the Grand Union Canal near Watford with a friend of mine and we found a large shoal of decent sized Perch so continued fishing into the evening; however we had promised our wives we'd be home early to take them out for the evening.

So we told them that some gits had stolen our bikes and that we'd spent the last hour or so chasing after them to get our bikes back, it was raining by then and we looked like drowned rats and the wives totally believed us and my wife run me a nice hot bath and cooked me a lovely meal and pampered me all evening, and his wife did the same.

Little did our wives know we had been sitting by the canal taking advantage of those lovely big Perch into the evening. LOL.

Keith

Last edited:

john step

Reaction score
I wouldn't dream of admitting anything that would be permanently recorded here or anywhere.:eek:

arthur2sheds

Reaction score
No names.... no pack drill....

but I saw a famous match angler pull a stroke that I have copied on one occasion..... said matchman was fishing a local open and the fish have to be weighed at half and full time, as it's so prolific.... I digress.... said matchman was waiting for the scales to head off and while everyone was looking at the scalesman he pulled a couple of no10 shot from a pocket and nipped them onto the poor anglers rig....:eek::eek:mg:

I tried it once on holiday with a mate and it was hilarious watching him get "unmissable bites" he was striking harder than British Rail on a bank holiday, to no avail.... I got chased all over the venue when he found out:wh:D:cool: