Hyperlinks grrr...

naxian62

Reaction score
Anyone else having problems opening hyperlinks on FM ?
If I use a google search then I can open the forum using the link, but still can't access the home page articles.
Anyone any ideas.
Cheers

B

binka

Absolutely nothing on the FM front page works for me, I can't access the articles or features from there or any of the links across the top to such as the forum etc.

Been like it for a week or so :confused:

I thought they were just trying to keep riff raff like me out...

naxian62

Reaction score
Ahh, cheers Binka. At least someone understands. let's hope the mods see this.
It certainly ain't my PC.

maggot_dangler

Reaction score
Anyone else having problems opening hyperlinks on FM ?
If I use a google search then I can open the forum using the link, but still can't access the home page articles.
Anyone any ideas.
Cheers

What happens if you right click on a link and choose open in new tab ??? .
Does your pointer actually change it's form from an arrow to a finger or what ever variation your OS uses .
What browser do you use .. Chrome & Chromium have both had similar problems on Linux in recent months Firefox is ok .
IE aint got the first idea cant run it .

PG ..

B

binka

What happens if you right click on a link and choose open in new tab ??? .
Does your pointer actually change it's form from an arrow to a finger or what ever variation your OS uses .
What browser do you use .. Chrome & Chromium have both had similar problems on Linux in recent months Firefox is ok .
IE aint got the first idea cant run it .

PG ..

I'm running IE, nothing at all happens when you right click other than the normal drop down menu you get when not clicking on a link.

Is as if it's just not recognising that they're links :confused:

naxian62

Reaction score
Maybe, if we can keep this thread active with non-sensical drivel. The powers that be will be alerted to our plight , eh Binka.

B

binka

Maybe, if we can keep this thread active with non-sensical drivel. The powers that be will be alerted to our plight , eh Binka.

We can but hope, although I've already had the blame for breaking it :rolleyes: :D

maggot_dangler

Reaction score
I'm running IE, nothing at all happens when you right click other than the normal drop down menu you get when not clicking on a link.

Is as if it's just not recognising that they're links :confused:

Just had a look at the way the forum codes links in the source it does nothing strange.

I would suggest you have a good sniff around IE , Or better still replace it with either Chrome , Chromium or Firefox ..

PG ..

---------- Post added at 22:35 ---------- Previous post was at 22:32 ----------

Just hope they don't tell you its an iD 10t operator error, thats what I got when I phoned BT

The one to worry about PEBKAC .... From the depatrment of BOFH .

PG ..

dave58

Reaction score
Evening All,reading about the bother some are having with reading articles on the first page of FM,I have had the same problem for some time(2wk.s)I have FM as my home page and everything used to open good as gold not any more.E-mailed FM the reply was to maybe change my browser,but links on other sites work ok,don,t what to do now?Cheers Dave 58