hi from manchester

dragomir1811

Reaction score
Hey the names dan i live near the city ground in manchester and ive recently started coarse angling again not done it since i was a kid with my dad so dont know a lot. all hints and tips will be greatly received and if there is anyone in my area willing to let me to tag along when they go so i can get to grips with it again then that would be great
thanks in advance
Dan

greenie62

Reaction score
Hi Dan,
Welcome to the mad-house, hope you enjoy the forum and perhaps even get someone to help you get back into angling. Are you thinking of any particular styles - Lake, canals, rivers for example?
Tight Lines!

dragomir1811

Reaction score
Hi Dan,
Welcome to the mad-house, hope you enjoy the forum and perhaps even get someone to help you get back into angling. Are you thinking of any particular styles - Lake, canals, rivers for example?
Tight Lines!

im wanting to start off on canals as they are the easiest for me to get to but then start on rivers and lakes when money lets me get more equipment

greenie62

Reaction score
im wanting to start off on canals as they are the easiest for me to get to but then start on rivers and lakes when money lets me get more equipment

Try joining Salford Friendly Anglers - it's free - and they have the Rochdale Canal and plenty of members who will give you advice on fishing it.
http://salfordfriendlyanglers.co.uk/
They also have a number of lakes and ponds across N. Manchester as well as the Rivers Irwell and Irk so plenty to move on to!
What you save on Club membership you can spend on tackle - and don't forget an EA fishing licence!
Tight Lines :thumbs:

Last edited:

ken more

Reaction score
Hi Dan and welcome. Had some great days on the canal waggler fishing, good luck mate.