Which line?

l0ftyl0ng0ne

Reaction score
The time has come to re spool my reels has anyone got any recommendations for a decent all purpose line to use? Also what sort of breaking strain would be used? All help appreciated ??

john step

Reaction score
I note you said reels plural. I notice quite a few on here use Daiwa in bulk spools. It works out quite economical that way.
Kept in the dark in a cool dry place the spools will last for very many fill ups.

Less than £9 a spool in the usual 4,6,8,10,12 strains. Its quite robust.

Look it up on the web.

Ps meant to say DAIWA SENSOR

Last edited:

l0ftyl0ng0ne

Reaction score
I note you said reels plural. I notice quite a few on here use Daiwa in bulk spools. It works out quite economical that way.
Kept in the dark in a cool dry place the spools will last for very many fill ups.

Look it up on the web.

Thanks went for an 8lb bulk spool of Daiwa sensor will do my 4 reels with enough for another couple of re spools.

Look it up on the web.

Jim Crosskey 2

Reaction score
Another vote for daiwa sensor. I use 6lb for waggler and light lead work. 8lb for general feeder fishing. 12lb for carp/barbel/method fishing. Strong, cheap, reliable, cheap, abrasion-resistant and cheap!

Only other reel mainline i use is drennan float fish in 4lb for trotting - sensor does tend to sink which makes it difficult to trot with.

symonh2000

Reaction score
In lighter strains I usually use Drennan float fish or Specimen plus.

In heavier strains I am a convert to NGT Camou. It is cheap, lasts a long time and is very thin for its breaking strain.