Friendly 24 hour Carp Compo for Charity

Stuart Dennis

Reaction score
We are looking at setting up a charity bash for Second Chance. It will be the amateurs taking on the so-called pro’s in a 24 hour session. If the take-up is good, I’ll knock up a sponsorship form and send it out for you to raise a bit of cash from your friends and family. I’m sure it’ll be a bundle of fun and a real learning experience if nothing else! I think we should cap it at 15 contenders and that’s 5 for the pro’s and 10 for the improvers, anymore than that and we’ll seriously struggle in getting a venue!!!

So far we’ve got Big Rik, Mike Fiddler and hopefully Andrew Jackson for the pros. And for us mere amateurs you’ve got me, Cakey, Malcolm Bason and Austin Buchan. I think it’s only fair to have 10 for the amateur team and 5 for the pros, so obviously we need a few more to come on board! I’m not sure whose team Alan Roe is batting on yet so please confirm Alan?

The venue and dates have not been confirmed and suggestions are truly welcomed! The venue suggested so far is St.Johns in Oxford (part of the linear complex). I would imagine we’d be better off doing this mid-week (so get your doctors notes ready) although if this proves difficult we can re- consider?? Again suggestions welcome!. Also, I think mid June to mid July would be a suitable time??? Again all help and suggestions on everything mentioned above are truly appreciated!

“It’s all for charity mate!” so please post on here if you’re up for it! Those of you who are mentioned above, please confirm your interest here.

Regards
Stuart and Cakey

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Stuart, count me in for the match. I?ll let you decide what team to place me in.

It's for a good cause and even if you lose you'll feel like a winner.

St John's will be a good venue and early June will be a good time to fish it (before the river season starts).

G

Gary Knowles

Stuart,

If the date you choose is OK then count me in - for the amateurs though as I know bugger all about catching carp.

A

Austin Buchan

Stu,
As u already know I'm in..best time for me is 1st week in June if poss.

Stuart Dennis

Reaction score
Dates for event are to be the second week in June. Mon 10th to Fri 14th. If we can get the venue, may I suggest Wednesday 12th June?????

C

Cakey

Stuarts just been on the phone to me about dates ,Im in France 1st week in June and Rik and Austin cant do the 2nd week in June so the suggestion now is one day in the last week in May .
yes no ???????????????????????????

CAKEY

A

Austin Buchan

Cakey,
I'll check tomorrow and be in touch,
Cheers
Ozz

P

Paul Williams

Theres a venue in Brum that might suit...it also has a hotel.....ale and grub! don't know if it would be available but if you want a central venue i could find out.

P

Paul Williams

There is a site for the water but me trow you a link!?......you aint heard of my prowess on the pc then?
It's Penns Hall and you should be able to find it on www.fostersofbirmingham.co.uk, plenty of carp in the mid to high double range and a chance of a twenty....just one water to consider.....if it's available.

C

Cakey

Paul found it, had a look,looks good have you fished it ??

By the way OWEN 4th minute

P

Paul Williams

Yes i have fished it.....its a pleasant lake and anglers can use the hotel facilities....so long as shoes are clean!
I have known Richard Foster a long time and whilst i can't say if he would agree i would certainly ask him if you lot decide you are interested.
If you want the chance of 30lb+ fish then this aint the venue, if you want facilities then it's a good option.

M

Mike Fidler

Wow things move apace when your involved eh Stuart. I'd tend to agree with Gary's comment about catching carp, though his bivvy is the place for a beer or two and a few smokes;]
I'm up for it, I'll even book a day off work!

P

Paul Williams

TCH....and i had Barney down as such a clean living fella!

S

Stormin' Norman

You'd have thought so eh Brummie, you in for a bit of fun?

C

Carp Angler

Gypsy Dave has also expressed a preference, but will probably confirm on here.

D

Dave Johnson

sounds a laugh, isn't it also the stillwater chub place that the Mattster fishes on ?
need dates ASAP though as France hol is coming in June/Jly

C

Carp Angler

If it's Wednesday the 12th then we would probably have the lake to ourselves, as England are playing.

Penns Hall (The Crossroads Motel) isn't a bad water, I've only fished it once and it was March and quite cold, but Graham has been back and had fish off the top, so it must be quite easy.