The Glorious 16th

stripey

Reaction score
Just had 5 hrs on syndicate water that still adheres to the old close season, the first time out for 7 months following knee replacement surgery, got really excited last night like a 4 yr old on Christmas eve, the fist thing i noticed at the waterside was a duck house on the small island with a pair of ducks that would not have been out of place in a Disney Cartoon, Then my eyes were drawn to what i can only discribe has a childs blue paddling pool with various clumps of vegetation on it, after settling in chosen swim i noticed that the paddling seemed to move about a metre nearer some lily pads, Thought my old mince pies were playing games with me, so carried on setting up,decided on the pole instead of waggler, just settled in when the owner arrived on the scene, asked me what i thought of the duck house biting my lip i said it looked ok, Then he said do you like the floating island ( paddling pool) i didn't answer and tried to change subject,he then carried on about the floating island and told me it was anchored to the lake bed with about 9' of chain in about 6' of water, glad i opted for the pole over waggler,imagine losing a fish around the chain, seems some private waters are going same way as football clubs, owners who haven't got a scooby doo, on a happier note finished the day with about 35/40lb of silvers and carp,finished with smile on the dial:)

greenie62

Reaction score
... he said do you like the floating island ( paddling pool) i didn't answer and tried to change subject,he then carried on about the floating island and told me it was anchored to the lake bed with about 9' of chain in about 6' of water,....

Be interesting to know what he'd got the island for - if it's an anti-cormorant measure I don't think it'll survive long! :eek::D

maceo

Reaction score
I’m not sure I would have been able to resist being sarcastic and saying something like “oh yes, very tasteful. Very stylish. You know what’d finish it off? I’ve got an inflatable palm tree at home you could stick on the top. Add some fairy lights and it’d really have that tropical island look…”

stripey

Reaction score
didn't want to cause any bad feeling, been fishing there since 1976, its a very productive water, will wait till i get to know new owners better, but if they start adding more carbuncles, will have to say something even if it means losing the water,who wants to fish at a pound shop water park: