It’s a dirty job but someone’s got to do it...

B

binka

We’re a bit of a motley bunch aren’t we?

Now admit it…

Who doesn’t leave the tackle shop with their maggots only to remove the bait box lid once outside before sticking their beak in and delighting in that feint (if they’re fresh!) whiff of ammonia?

Or the delight of finding some old, untouched for decades used gear with that authentic fusty smell that only it can provide?

Maybe it's the stale remnants of blue cheese on a forgotten towel in the bottom of the bag that does it for you?

We chop worms into little pieces, occasionally get covered in fish slime, wipe all sorts of concoctions down our trouser legs and skate around on muddy banks to mention but a few.

Is fishing the muckiest pursuit of all time or have the bog snorkelers just pipped us?

caelan

Reaction score
:eek:mg:AN NOT TO MENTION all the stuff that gets on your hands ie baits /slime/mud clay an going for a pee then having a bite to eat not even washed me hands LOL

B

binka

Was that you today? Who was your friend???

There's a certain irony that I posted that only hours before going for a dunk myself :D

And... Making a comment in Cliff's thread about not warning other anglers of dangers as there was no fun in it, I got everything I deserved :D :D

I shall play nicely now in the hope it might help me to remain dry...

barbelboi

Reaction score
'It’s a dirty job but someone’s got to do it'...

Somehow snottie anglers spring to mind.......................