Fishing weather forecast

easyday

Reaction score
Just been googling when is the best weather conditions to fish and found this web site, not sure if its any good but it seems to give a lot of information.
Temperature, wind speed/direction, air pressure and bite guide for your area.
Netweather.tv

greenie62

Reaction score
Don't want to drizzle :rolleyes: on your session - but with weather forecasts you'll find out it's quality rather than quantity of information that counts!

I use the Beeb forecast app on my Apple iPad and the MetOffice app on the phone - just because they 'fit' on the screens better. This gives me the opportunity to compare the 2 - then I go fishing and see what it really is! :eek::eek:mg:

Just a tip when using web-site addresses in posts on the forum - copy the web-site address from the browser bar then click on the symbol above the message box that looks like a globe sitting on a chain - then paste-in the copied address. This then produces a clickable link in the published message, eg: Weather For Sport and Events - Netweather.tv

The real challenge will be to get a netfull when the 'bite guide' predicts 'poor' - then work out why! :eek::confused::eek:mg:

Tight Lines:thumbs:

maggot_dangler

Reaction score
Having recently started a thread along similar lines .

I would say take what they say with a Large pinch of salt , I have gone out when they say poor and really bagged up and like wise when they say good gone out and blanked .

Bets bet is fish your chosen waters and learn what conditions the fish in that water like ..

PG ..

seth49

Reaction score
I use an app called world radar it's very good.a lot better up here in Lancashire than the met office or bbc,
They only seem to be concerned with the south of the country.
Mind you the three river valleys round here,the ribble, holder, and calder all seem to have there own micro climates.
Seen me be rained off all day in the holder valley, then come back into ribble valley and bright sunshine.

no-one in particular

Reaction score
Just been googling when is the best weather conditions to fish and found this web site, not sure if its any good but it seems to give a lot of information.
Temperature, wind speed/direction, air pressure and bite guide for your area.
Netweather.tv

Had a look at this and its good for a weather forecast, not so sure about the bite-cast though. It states based on members of the carp family; there other fish than the carp family and these sort of forecasts do not tell you much. Was it a carp angler who just "remembers" when he caught some carp and what the weather was like or is it more detailed. I don't know and I often wonder whats the use of just a bite chance guide. Few of us have the luxury of just waiting for a good bite chance day. We have to go when we got the time and the mood. Very bland and lacking in substance as many of these just a "bite chance formula" are and hard to see much value in them...

Last edited:

greenie62

Reaction score
I use an app called world radar it's very good.a lot better up here in Lancashire than the met office or bbc,
They only seem to be concerned with the south of the country...

Agree with you Seth about the southern bias of the forecasts - but have noticed an improvement in the BBC forecasts recently - ever since they migrated operations to Salford! I think the embarassment of forecasting "another fine day" then walking out on the Quays to torrential rain caused them to 'up their game' a little! :eek::eek:mg:

The river valleys' microclimates you mentioned on the Ribble basin also happen in other valleys - with associated spate-flooding and strange levels around confluences!
Tight Lines, warm socks and dry toes!

P

pointngo

have noticed an improvement in the BBC forecasts recently - ever since they migrated operations to Salford! I think the embarassment of forecasting "another fine day" then walking out on the Quays to torrential rain caused them to 'up their game' a little! :eek::eek:mg:

I hope you're right Greenie. I gave up on BBC and Met Office (same base data I think) years ago.

I've used Netweather for years now as it's been the most accurate site forecast I could find, but the last couple of years it's occassionally been as way off the mark as the BBC's usually is (was?).

As MarkG says, ignore the bitecast.. it's as useful as someone you don't know telling you what he thinks without giving any reasons or evidence.

Here is another good site which gives detailed local info...

WindGURU: United Kingdom - Lakes - Windermere