auction bought tackle.

R

Ross Turner

has anyone bought tackle off any web auction site.I`ve been looking on ebay.co.uk & it seems like there are plenty of bargains to be had like center pins & old reels for collectors.
Also has any one sold tackle & what response did they get.

K

Kevan Farmer

Ebay does indeed have some bargains. The trouble is you only have the sellers photograph and word that the tackle is in good condition. What he/she thinks or states is good is pretty well subjective, somebody else amy think it is in poor condition. Be very wary of old centre pins. With the standard of pins now being made there is no need to search out items like Allcocks Match Aerials at silly prices. Many were abused and are now being trotted out - pardon the pun - as being the thing to buy. A good Match Aerial is actually no better than a decent modern Youngs pin despite what the die hards might claim. Another good modern pin is the Browning Revolver - I recently pointed out some bargains to Alan Roe, ?160 brand new. Sadly they are all gone now but it is just an example of what can be found.

Kevan

R

Ross Turner

Good point,The same could be said about the videos & books that are for sale.Has anyone had a bum deal due to these points or have they come out a winner.

M

Mike Fidler

I've had no problems with buying and selling on e bay at all. I sold my 3 carp rods for a price I didn't think I would get and then bought 3 replacements at a bargain price.

A

Alan Roe

Too true they all went sharpish at that price Kevan!!
But they all went to good homes!

If anyone is buying a secondhand pin and wants some advice feel free to contact me.

S

Shrek

I've bought quite a bit of stuff from Ebay. The only advice I would offer is to ask lots & lots of questions. Remember a lot of stuff is "sold as seen".

Also, be very careful on how much you bid. Some of the stuff that is up for sale often goes at stupid prices. For example, a 55lb dial scale with 1 metre tape can be bought in Index for ?4.99. These regularly go n Ebay for somehwere between ?6 and ?10, plus P&P on top of that.

Have fun.