A bit of light relief !

no-one in particular

Reaction score
Ken and three of his buddies have been fishing together for years. One Saturday they were fishing alongside a road when a funeral procession drives by. On seeing it Ken puts down his rod and stands up and takes off his lucky hat and places it over his heart. The funeral procession is huge and takes ages to drive by. Once it had passed Ken sat down, put his lucky hat back on and cast out, all without saying a word. Needless to say his mates are floored by his actions. One of them finally speaks up and says “That sure was a respectful thing you did there Ken when they went by”.
Ken replied “It seems the least I could do seeing as I had been married to the woman for over 40 years”.

sumtime

Reaction score
I remember my father telling me that joke in 1957, still brings a smile to my face. :)

bennygesserit

Reaction score
they should erect a plaque to that joke Mark as its now officially 100 years old

no-one in particular

Reaction score
I thought it might be, ah well never-mind, someone might not have heard it, first time I heard it yesterday and it made me laugh.

bennygesserit

Reaction score
I thought it might be, ah well never-mind, someone might not have heard it, first time I heard it yesterday and it made me laugh.

I first learned about that joke in History class , back in the sixties , back then that joke was a legend.

sumtime

Reaction score

If you hadn't of stolen that loaf of bread in 1952, Mark, you'd have been in England to hear all these jokes.

no-one in particular

Reaction score
If you hadn't of stolen that loaf of bread in 1952, Mark, you'd have been in England to hear all these jokes.

I was trying to save up for my 2015 fishing licence at the time !

---------- Post added at 04:59 ---------- Previous post was at 04:53 ----------

I first learned about that joke in History class , back in the sixties , back then that joke was a legend.
Thanks Benny, that made me feel better, just for that
One day while driving from a fishing trip in the pouring rain, a mans car had a puncture outside a monastery. A monk came out and invited the man inside to have dinner and stay the night. The motorist gratefully accepted the offer. That night he had a wonderful dinner of fish and chips.. He was so impressed with the meal that he decided to compliment the chef. On entering the kitchen he asked the cook:"are you the fish frier?". "No" the man replied "I am the chip monk"

Time to retire as gracefully as I can:)

Last edited:

john step

Reaction score
The old ones are the best ones.
I have just read the joke to my sandwich maker of 46 years.

I shouldnt make her laugh like that and make her have a quick trip to the small room.:eek:mg: