''Does your fishing annoy her indoors''

Derek Gibson

Reaction score
Over the years I've been told how lucky I am having a wife who never complains,(well, other than the occasions I leave tackle around the house) about my obsession. I've always had her support.

Am I really the odd one out?

no-one in particular

Reaction score
Compromise, compromise, compromise, and when that don't work compromise some more, and when that don't work, let her have her own way or, just save the time and let her have her own way anyway. Because you both knew that was going to happen in the end:)

Last edited:

lambert1

Reaction score
My gear is also mostly in the garage, which is just as well. Every now and then there is an observation made as to just how much there is out there and how many cupboards have been taken over. Mercifully the garage is largely my domain most of the time:D

itsfishingnotcatching

Reaction score
Very rarely, on the odd occasion I may get the "grass needs cutting" (that's what I'm doing now to safeguard tomorrow). We tend to go to the flat more regularly in the summer so that curtails my river fishing.

fruitowl

Reaction score
nope not really but I do try to go on days when she is at work ie mainly Mondays because I have Sun and Mon nights off and I always have the jobs she wants done so am safe.
my tackle is in the utility room rods on wall and other bits in trays works well as I can hide new end tackle, on the odd occasion I get the you have a lot of stuff don't you comment :eek::eek:

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
No, I like to think not and she has never once moaned about any part of it....

I suppose it's a case of being fair, doing your bit and NOT making it look as though fishing is more important than she. As I said elsewhere, I made some bread today simply because I know she loves it fresh with a little butter. You need to always think of the other half IMHO

I fish a lot early morning, but I know when I'm out she makes tea, takes it back to bed and reads her book of the moment. Then it's up for ' keep fit, pilates etc ' and we usually meet up around 2pm when we're back from our excursions

Works for us, 'cos we work at it !!

ps Tackle around the house, but then it sits alongside her garden paraphernalia of similar quantities..

Last edited:

floatfish

Reaction score
Most of my gear lives in the garage, some of my better fly gear resides in the
bottom of an old wardrobe in the spare room.
Lady wife is glad to see me go fishing a couple of days a week.
I just make sure all necessary household jobs done, no problem.
This has been working for us all our married life over 40 years.

tikka

Reaction score
Nope, never moans, actually helps me with making boilies & looks forward to relaxing by the lakeside every 2 weeks in July,brings my coffee & sarnies to my peg. Heaven on earth.

chrissh

Reaction score
No she never moans about me going fishing in fact she encourages me and on the odd occasion in the summer warmer mouths she will come along

seth49

Reaction score
My first two wives complained.
My current one doesn't.
Just as well at my age.

B

binka

My ex used to nag me like there was no tomorrow about the amount of time I spent fishing, she even suggested coming with me :eek:

That's why she's my ex :w

slaphead

Reaction score
No, I've even persuaded her to keep our little caravan on a site near Blackpool which has a couple of fishing ponds.

This has provided me with the ideal opportunity to have a day of relaxation, with an occasional brew or bacon buttie whilst the carp stick their gobs out of the water and laugh at my ineptness. :eek:mg:

Derek Gibson

Reaction score
My ex used to nag me like there was no tomorrow about the amount of time I spent fishing, she even suggested coming with me :eek:

That puts me in mind of old Bob Reynolds the Carp fisherman of Billing fame who married late. Within a matter of months his new bride began to complain about him acquiring new tackle, with the ultimatum,''If any more fishing tackle comes through that door I'm leaving''. The following day Bob purchased several items of tackle and left them in the hallway along with his wife's suitcases.

wes79

Reaction score
Over the years I've been told how lucky I am having a wife who never complains,(well, other than the occasions I leave tackle around the house) about my obsession. I've always had her support.

Am I really the odd one out?

Well.

let me see......

Chest freezer full of crumb/bollie (home made) and measured hemp seed bags, no room for Lidl choc ices that she loves anymore, need to bag up the hemp, its June man.
Stinking towels from the "weigh in" hotting it up in the laundry basket, &^%$ all over the floor, floats under the coffee table and the odd carpet buried size 24 hook that serves as a landmine for the courageous bare footed, maggot boxes drying by the sink washing board alongside "bestest" wine glasses that have shared the same bath water (save the planet Jim, save the planet) landing net drip drying in the bath smelling a bit "after chub tang" competing with had a bath, splash of "brut".......no bog roll because I put the last one in the seat box and forgot to put it back before shopping day.

No slaps in the face yet brudda!

must be love! :D

---------- Post added at 14:04 ---------- Previous post was at 13:54 ----------

Haha, I nearly killed my lady two years ago on our first fishing trip on the Tame together, she cast a bomb straight into a willow tree opposite bank, told her I'll see it I can get it out, turned my head round as I walked with the reel locked and forgot to tell her to do the same, the bomb pinged out of the tree and bounced off her forehead, left a massive greeny brown bruise for a fortnight, , she survived, hence still gives me a chuckle to this day :D wasn't on purpose either, "can I come with you", no love, too dangerous......LOL

Last edited:

no-one in particular

Reaction score
Do not be fooled by all these wonderful wives, -they worked out some tactical advantage for themselves years ago and none of you will ever know what it is. :)

barbelboi

Reaction score
That puts me in mind of old Bob Reynolds the Carp fisherman of Billing fame who married late. Within a matter of months his new bride began to complain about him acquiring new tackle, with the ultimatum,''If any more fishing tackle comes through that door I'm leaving''. The following day Bob purchased several items of tackle and left them in the hallway along with his wife's suitcases.

I wonder if Bob kept his special landing nets in the hall as well 'just part of the bike luv'.................;)