Fish on Springwatch

no-one in particular

Reaction score
Yep, good film, we discussed how you could get 54 species thinking there was not that many in a thread a few weeks ago. http://www.fishingmagic.com/forums/coarse-fishing/355775-54-coarse-fish-species.html - In fact I contacted spring watch just out of interest and asked them to name the 54 species but, did not get a reply. Most of us would struggle to name 25-30 I reckoned. In the end I did my own bit of research and reckoned you could have just about made 54.

Last edited:

jackperks

Reaction score
Yep, good film, we discussed how you could get 54 species thinking there was not that many in a thread a few weeks ago. http://www.fishingmagic.com/forums/coarse-fishing/355775-54-coarse-fish-species.html - In fact I contacted spring watch just out of interest and asked them to name the 54 species but, did not get a reply. Most of us would struggle to name 25-30 I reckoned. In the end I did my own bit of research and reckoned you could have just about made 54.

Heres the full list of species, at the end of the day the number will always be different for different people for example sea bass and flounder enter freshwater water but most would not consider them a freshwater fish or what about non native species like ornamental sturgeon or breeds of carp?

Beneath the water line

no-one in particular

Reaction score
Heres the full list of species, at the end of the day the number will always be different for different people for example sea bass and flounder enter freshwater water but most would not consider them a freshwater fish or what about non native species like ornamental sturgeon or breeds of carp?

Beneath the water line

Thanks Jack-looks more or less the same as the Natural History Museum list I uncovered. Nice project, hope you get there, good luck.