Re kindling the love

martin62

Reaction score
Just getting back into the Fishing again after a 5 year hiatus, gave up when every bit of still water was stocked with bloody Carp, done some Match fishing, but no more, so now its Speci river fishing, Barbel n Chub here i come..

Titus

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Good luck mate, if you want to keep it fresh steer well clear of the groups and societies, who will only want to part you from your cash, and keep looking in on here.

Contrary to what some would have you believe the blokes on here are a reasonable bunch and are very willing to offer advice on venues or methods if you find yourself struggling.

They are also very open to advice and tips if you want to share things which have helped you out in your fishing.

Last edited:

Cliff Hatton

Reaction score
You have my sympathy, Martin. While the carp is a worthy, handsome, hard-fighting quarry, its imposed domination of so many of our waters makes it something of a pest in places. Where there are carp there are carp anglers, sometimes hostile to any other species being present. I prefer what you might call 'balanced' waters.

chrissh

Reaction score
hi welcome martin
myself and 2 friends are out in Holland trying to fish for bream but the carp are a pest and taken over the river here they will eat anything that put out as bait. the catch rate 4 carp to 1 bream
and this is on a river that advertised and as a bream river I'm not knocking carp but they have taken over .

Keith M

Reaction score
Hi Martin,
You don't say whereabouts you come from, I also love fishing rivers and streams for Barbel, Chub, Large Roach and decent sized Dace, and on stillwaters for Tench, Crucians and very occasionally even Carp LOL.
If you told us whereabouts you live someone might be able to put you in the right swims or if you are very lucky even treat you to a day on their favourite river or stream.

Welcome to Fishing Magic, apart from a couple of our members who like arguing (you'll soon get to know who they are LOL) we are mostly a very friendly lot who are very open to giving and accepting advice on all fishing topics.

Tight lines

Keith

Last edited:

dorsetandchub

Reaction score
Oh no, we're not.....:)

Actually Keith is spot on. Glad somebody else is bored with carp stuffed puddles.

Welcome to the fore.

Phil. :)

Titus

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Nothing like a bit of a spat to get the hits up. There's rarely anything serious about it, it's usually just a bit of willy waving to alleviate a bit of boredom.;)

martin62

Reaction score
Hi lads i'm from coventry, i remember when the CDAA had brilliant waters on the Trent and Severn, luckily my mate is in a syndicate and fishes Bewdley nr the railway bridge...

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello Martin and welcome to fishingMagic and back to fishing in general.

For me at least, the rivers are where it is really at, so I hope you have a great season.

Graham Elliott 1

Reaction score
Martin. Good Luck.
You could do a lot worse than join Birmingham AA .

Cheap and lots of different river sections. Most of the members speak a bit funny but enjoyable waters available as long as you happy to litter pick.

Or contact Phil Smith local lad who is very helpful for some pointers.

Btw had great fun fishing some of the carp ponds..........but only for the oft ignored roach and perch.