Future Range Boilies & Dumbells

Pete Wood

Reaction score
I recently purchased a 500g bag of Cotsworld Future Range dumbells. When attempting to pierce them with the smallest baiting needle in my tackle box every one split into small pieces, I ended up attaching them to my hook using a bait band.

I spoke to the Managing Director of Cotsworld baits and explained the problems I had withtheir product, he informed me that Cotsworld had stopped putting these dumbells in bags (allthough they are still being sold in tackle shops)as the product was drying out and Cotsworld were now selling themglugged in a small screw top pot,I was informedthatthe companywould compensate me by posting a sample pot to my address.

True to his word a few days later in my post boxarrived a small parcel containing five pots of different flavoured glugged CotsworldFuture Rangedumbells.

My next fishing trip I eagerlyset up my rods and armed with my smallest baiting needle pierced my first dumbell then 2-3-4-5, opened a new pot, pulled out a very fine sewing needle thatI carry in my tackle box and pierced the dumbell, the same thing happened, every single one split.

Has anyoneusedthese dumbells, if so how did you hair rig them?

W

Wolfman Woody

Pete, why not write to him again explaining what you're finding. I found them a very reasonable company in terms of listening and encouraging feedback. If you can take digital pictures of what's happening andthe needles you're using it will help them and know that you're not stringing them along.

If there is a problem and the pellet is too crumbly then no matter how much soaking in a glug they have they will not hold together. The dough needs to be more elasticky (is that a word?) Adding an oil during the mixing usually does that, but pointless after.

Email them @ info@cotswoldbaits.com and mark it for (FAO - Andy Stump, MD)

I wrote to him last year, very helpful.

Pete Wood

Reaction score
Thank you gents, I have used a boilie drill and they still break up, I think I shall takeyour advice and contact Andy Stump.

Once again thank you for your feedback

Greg Whitehead

Reaction score
Lassoo rig with a grinner knot. Or get a decent bait! Realistically they shouldn't have sent them out. Results like that aren'tlikely to helpthe brand, are they?