wouldn't it be nice if they introduce their self first

chrissh

Reaction score
has any others noticed a new people joining the forum and not introducing their self

and asking their questions getting what they want then the despairing

Last edited:

sam vimes

Reaction score
Re: wouldn't it be nice if they introduce yourself first

I'm not particularly bothered either way. I'll help whoever I can, regardless of them being new or not. If they disappear after that help is given, so be it.

wa1115

Reaction score
I just sent someone to another forum, more on the lines of what they are looking for. Ooppss.

john step

Reaction score
I must plead guilty to not introducing myself when I joined. I was new to laptops and to being on the internet and struggling to make sense of everything.
I didn't realise there was anything other than "hot topics on forum" or that there was a thread for newbies.

It was Lord Paul who kindly explained the workings to me.

John

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
Folk seem to come and go to the extent that I can't keep up anyway.....Others ask questions to which one gives long, mainly well thought out replies in the hope that some form of discussion will take place, and nothing happens.
One cannot of course, expect any form of thanks, but on occasion a ' like ' would seem appropriate.........................add several winky smilies here ( just in case some bright spark thinks I'm being serious !)

No, in all honesty I go with Sam in that I'm happy to help anyone, and offer it in the hope it will put fish on the bank. Nonetheless, I do sometimes wonder if anything I've said has done so ....

Perhaps a small consideration should be paid ..............

It's too long ago on the ' introduction ' front...I cannot remember what I did last week, so 2007 - no chance !!

tincatim

Reaction score
It's nice if new people introduce themselves but not compulsory. It doesn't bother me as it's an open forum that should make anyone welcome, even if they only want to ask a question then move on. Some people sign up but don't post, instead preferring to 'lurk' and read about fishing.

I introduced myself but then I felt I should as id been a member for ages and barely posted. I realised after using a few different forums that this is the one most aligned with me and my kind of fishing.

---------- Post added at 20:41 ---------- Previous post was at 20:38 ----------

Folk seem to come and go to the extent that I can't keep up anyway.....Others ask questions to which one gives long, mainly well thought out replies in the hope that some form of discussion will take place, and nothing happens.
One cannot of course, expect any form of thanks, but on occasion a ' like ' would seem appropriate.........................add several winky smilies here ( just in case some bright spark thinks I'm being serious !)

No, in all honesty I go with Sam in that I'm happy to help anyone, and offer it in the hope it will put fish on the bank. Nonetheless, I do sometimes wonder if anything I've said has done so ....

Perhaps a small consideration should be paid ..............

It's too long ago on the ' introduction ' front...I cannot remember what I did last week, so 2007 - no chance !!

I very much enjoy reading your posts Tee-Cee, the detail you put into them makes for an interesting read and I can vouch for your imparted knowledge being useful :thumbs:

bracket

Reaction score
Like John Step I also am guilty of not introducing myself to the Forum. In my defence I can only say I have stuck around. Pete.

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
My 1st ever post on FM back in 2007 was a very lewd joke. Under the title "Most smelly?"
A few people took offence so I left it for a while..
My second attempt was " Minnow traps" where I enquired whether anyone had seen the Mr Crabtree book illustrating utilising a bottle and a piece of string to make one?
My first reply came from none other than Tee-cee,

laguna

Reaction score
I was a member a couple of years before FM closed. When it came back online again I re-registered as Laguna. Apparently my first post (Technically No.2 ) was the longest ever!

I would therefore like to offer all new members and 'guests' the following bit of advice... Keep it short and sweet oh and be sure to reel in before you have a dump in the bushes! ;)

CrabbyDump.jpg

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
Simon.....Are you sure about that as I can find no ' reply ' of any sort....I did find a ' minnow ' post of yours ( Posts : 1 ) back in 10/2008 with contributions from Mark the Spark et al, but not a reply from me?

I must've been desperate to establish myself to post on minnows !!

2007 to 2015.....Gawd, some marriages don't last that long !!

greenie62

Reaction score
Simon.....Are you sure about that as I can find no ' reply ' of any sort....I did find a ' minnow ' post of yours ( Posts : 1 ) back in 10/2008 with contributions from Mark the Spark et al, but not a reply from me?...

Perhaps the Editor of the day took it to be an insulting post and removed the thread? :eek::rolleyes::eek:mg:

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
Now that's what I call a controversial post !!

You know what's coming, don't you............................

terry m

Reaction score
I am ambivalent on this subject.

I enjoy reading and commenting within this forum, but when all said and done, it is an internet forum, no more, no less.

nogoodboyo

Reaction score
I must plead guilty to not introducing myself when I joined. I was new to laptops and to being on the internet and struggling to make sense of everything.
I didn't realise there was anything other than "hot topics on forum" or that there was a thread for newbies.

It was Lord Paul who kindly explained the workings to me.

John

No need to apologise John.
It's people who come here flogging garbage and pretending to be an angler that gets my goat.

wes79

Reaction score
I'm organizing an all nyt rave outside a local prison to raise money for more bags to pick up peoples disused line during the half term holiday barbel campaigns......I'll swap you for that old Goat,

bestest regards
Roger