Aldi fishing tackle

seth49

Reaction score
See aldi are doing there fishing tackle again.
Looks like they have gone back to the original fishing bag they are good for the price.
I have several each ready stocked for different types of fishing . Just grab and go.
They are also doing there cool bag as well.
Holds plenty for a day session.
Might get one for my flask and sandwiches.
Plus the usual stuff as well.

---------- Post added at 20:10 ---------- Previous post was at 20:09 ----------

From the second of August.

wes79

Reaction score
I can recommend the following from Aldi

LED powered fishing Cap
LED powered winter fishing Cap (ear warmers that hang down and keep the wind from numbing the lobes)

"Crane" Rod bag (excellent with rod tubes) ..............and is also identical to the one in Go Outdoors with the brand Hardwear 2 Rod Holdall | GO Outdoors) so can be bought all year round....Brucie bonus points...

"Crane" Unhooking mat (got mine as a gift from a local Barbel fishing pro) rate it highly, very cushiony and packs away nice, easy to clean (washer) etc.....

6mm pellets (nice and stinky/oily) good as a bait on the band with a size 16, not bad price either.....

the lures pack , one of which got me my first ever Pike :) until I stepped on the little fella :( (the lure not the Pike) :eek:

Some nice winter fishing clothing to be had/some of it is hit and miss though....

aldi tiramisu aint bad either :D

Last edited:

tincatim

Reaction score
I can recommend Aldi's Gin, at less than a tenner it's pretty tasty too.

Never used their tackle but I'd be tempted to try one of the bags.

B

binka

Add the polaroids to Wes's list, if they've got 'em in I'm bagging a couple of pairs at their price ready for the inevitable breakage :eek:mg:

Although I've had my current pair two years now :)

Keith M

Reaction score
I also have several of their fishing bags which I keep different bits in for different types of fishing.

On one of them the zips kept prising apart but 'touch wood' the others have been fine and have taken a lot of use and are perfect for roving with minimal tackle, so the faulty one was hopefully a one off.

Keith

Last edited:

john step

Reaction score
I couldn't resist trying their boilies last year at £2.50. First bag caught well and were generally OK. The second bag from the same batch were very crumbly and had an excessively chemical smell.
Never a bite.
I stick to Dynamite now as usual.

greenie62

Reaction score
Thanks for the heads-up lads,
I went in this evening - too early for the stuff mentioned - but did notice they have their little tackle bags in again £5.49 -very handy - only drawback is they are a tadge too small - if they were half as big again they'd be spot on - but they are great as a fly or lure bag or for a youngster 'helping Grandad'! :D:cool:

seth49

Reaction score
The ones coming in next month are £10.99.
They are a lot better.

trotter2

Reaction score
The bags are excellent and so is the baitrunner reels.
In fact I have never been disappointed with any of the fishing gear.

slaphead

Reaction score
I use one of the fishing bags (bought at half price but one of the zips proved faulty) and a cap (bought at half price too).

Both do the job I bought them for so I have no complaints re the price.

naxian62

Reaction score
Thanks for this fellas. How punctual are they, re. getting the stuff in on the dates they advertise ?
I was down in Cyprus, and they had a car accessories selection promotion on, starting on a particular day. We were there at 9.00 and they had very few of the items advertised. My little ol' Ma was not happy!

steve2

Reaction score
Can't fault the tackle and bait I have bought from them. Makes you wonder why some of the named tackle is so expensive.

Kevin Perkins

Reaction score
Can't fault the tackle and bait I have bought from them. Makes you wonder why some of the named tackle is so expensive.

That's because a lot of anglers are tarts, and long it remain that way or TickleTackle would be in trouble........

john step

Reaction score
There was a thread a while back about forgetting things like LANDING NETS.
The one illustrate looks like one of those folding trout type.
If so it would be great at that price to stash one in the car for that dreadful day when you are faced with the prospect of a double journey back home to collect it?????

greenie62

Reaction score
... it would be great at that price to stash one in the car for that dreadful day when you are faced with the prospect of a double journey back home to collect it?

I got one last year for just such an emergency - but have also used it as a roving net clipping it up on the waistcoat. It's not the smoothest flick-up net around - but with the aluminium telescopic handle does the job OK.
I've had Carp up to 10lb on it, Brownies upto 3lb, and 'bows upto 4lb.
A good emergency net - and more! - and less than £7 :)

Keith M

Reaction score
I went to Aldi today (Sunday) and got myself a pair of thermal Field Boots for £12.99, a pair of Fingerless Neoprene gloves for £4.99 and a green LED fishing Cap (with LEDs in the brim) for £3.99.

i got these things for when I'm beach fishing down at my static caravan. I wish I'd had the boots last week when a Gull flew into my line and somehow got the tip of its wing tangled in my line (lucky it was only the wingtip) and I ended up getting my shoes soaked while I was untangling its wingtip LOL.

Keith

Last edited:

retrobob

Reaction score
Thanks for the heads-up lads,
I went in this evening - too early for the stuff mentioned - but did notice they have their little tackle bags in again £5.49 -very handy - only drawback is they are a tadge too small - if they were half as big again they'd be spot on - but they are great as a fly or lure bag or for a youngster 'helping Grandad'! :D:cool:

I agree, the bags are too small. I did pick up the keepnet though as a spare for when I am fishing with friends. I considered the boots but they are no better than the hardwearing trainers I already have - they are hopeless if you want to get in the water, only wellies or waders would do.