where are you ?

stripey

Reaction score
Hi All, i have posted a couple of threads about fishing the upper trent around burton, have had a couple of replies but none from anglers who fish the upper trent regularly, are there any anglers on this forum from around east staffs, south derby's or n/w leicestershire.

The bad one

Reaction score
Stripey don't take this the wrong way, but if my club who has lengths on the Upper is anything to go on, those that fish up there are tight lipped about what they catch. I fish it so infrequently to give any relevant advice other than there are some good fish in it, but it's not the Trent of lower down and can be a hard slog for the undoubted rewards that are there.
Even a friend who lives around Burton prefers to go way down river for his fishing. But his fishing time is limited and I can understand because of that why he does.

stripey

Reaction score
Thanks for that, ihave spoken to a couple of tackle shops in the area, but getting differing replies, so i thought i would try and stir the lads up in this neck of the woods who fish the trent to take part in a discussion, i think you are correct when you say that they are tight lipped up here [apart from yours truly]the fishing on the upper trent was excellent untill about 5 yrs ago when there was a pollution incident in Stoke, i have not fished it since, have been taking notes on matches in Burton and low double figure nets are being recorded.