Those little things

Lord Paul of Sheffield

Reaction score
most of we angler spend ages asking advice on which rod or reels before we part with our cash , and given the amount we spend rightly so

But I'm starting this thread so we can recommend good smaller bits and pieces that mostly get overlooked

I'll start with Drennan method feeder and mould

the feeders are supplied an connector that means there is no need to find the correct sized swivel. The feeders come in 2 sizes and have good wide spaced "arms" to fit the hook bait in

The mould is semi flexiable plastic which makes getting the loaded feeder out easy

So what small bit of tackle do you recommend

P

pointngo

Polaroids... essential fishing gear imho. Not just for fish spotting, but for eye protection.

B

binka

If you use banded pellets then a banding machine, saves a load of fiddling especially with wet hands.

And talking of wet hands... A towel!

Handy for wiping your hands on instead of your trouser legs and if trotting a short hand towel can be looped through a belt loop around your waist without trailing in the water.

tincatim

Reaction score
Another vote for Drennan's method feeders, I've been using them for years with no problems at all.

One little change I've made this season is adding a Korda Anti Tangle sleeve to my set up, it goes on to the hooklength and pushes on to the swivel. Not had a single tangle since on the feeder or leger.

john step

Reaction score
Enterprise Adapter stops
Matchman hook tyers.
Stotz

terry m

Reaction score
Korda flying backleads.

These little gizmos are cheap easy to use, and they pin the line down around your bait every time. Highly recommended when bottom fishing at anything other than short range.

wes79

Reaction score
Last edited:

Keith M

Reaction score
Korum 'QuickStop' hooks:
Hassle free quick and easy hair-rigging of drilled pellets, boilees, sweetcorn worms and other baits.
No fiddling around inserting a bait stop in a loop and I can mount a bait on the hair within 2 or 3 seconds using the simple Quickstop tool. LOL.

Keith

Last edited:

laguna

Reaction score
If you use banded pellets then a banding machine, saves a load of fiddling especially with wet hands.

And talking of wet hands... A towel!

Handy for wiping your hands on instead of your trouser legs and if trotting a short hand towel can be looped through a belt loop around your waist without trailing in the water.
Or a beach towel if fishing for snotties!!! :eek:mg:

If were talking about versatility check this little product out... (shameless plug) Laguna SPLITSTOPS
They can be used without tying hair loops, adjustable hair lengths, transforms into meat and paste stops or accommodated with the sPUNCH tool into hole-punched meat, cheese, bread flake & pre-drilled baits.

Features:
use as an ordinary large dumbbell bait stop
use with (or without) tying a hair loop
use with (or without) a baiting needle
transform from a dumbbell > into a meat stop
open completely flat into a crucifix and use as an anchor for paste & bread flake
conceal totally inside the bait for optimum stealth
use on the mainline to create a simple, 'safe' in-line semi-fixed bolt rig
use as an artificial pellet bait
floats and adds buoyancy to the hook bait
change the length of the hook link without breaking the rig down
change the length of the hair - on the fly

Etc.

The Sogster

Reaction score
Apart from some things already mentioned, I vote for the Sensas loop tyer and pva stocking/ string/ bags.

chub_on_the_block

Reaction score
Fine tipped tweezers for delicate work with untangles or fine lines. Increasingly useful as my fingers get more clumsy, motor skills evaporate and my eyesight deteriorates as part of the general decomposition process beyond middle age.

sam vimes

Reaction score
Drennan Wide Gape Match hooks. A pattern that far more versatile than the name suggests. A good allrounder that's quite capable of landing the bigger fish but isn't too much for the tiddlers.

Exceed disgorgers. Make the standard barrel type seem almost useless.

Stonfo spring loaded plummets.

Dave Harrell floats, especially the sensitip wagglers and alloy stemmed Avons.

lambert1

Reaction score
Had not come across Exceed disgorgers before Sam. Thanks for that. I have ordered one. I do find the barrel type cumbersome on occasions, especially with greedy young Perch.

beardno1

Reaction score
Slammo disgorgers the best disgorgers ever for deep hooked fish.