A big hello to everyone

lucky7

Reaction score
Hi guys n gals,
My name is Paul, and I'm a hobby fisherman, fished as a child, and over the past couple of years found myself hooked again (pardon the pun) I coarse fish only, fisheries, rivers and canals, 3 best fish are: common carp 24lb 6oz. Pike 28lb 1oz and Perch 2lb 9oz, I don't spend a lot on gear, and can't say I'm an all weather angler!
Whilst on, some of you experienced guys can give me an opinion, as to whether,my uncles old rods are of any value, and if so what?
Unused Farstrike 16 Match 4 piece 16 ft in bag.
Hardly used Martin Jame De?se Stewart 167 2 piece 10 ft?
Good used Chapman 500 2 piece 10 ft.
Presume from 40's or 50's? Any info much appreciated.
Paul

chrissh

Reaction score
Hi Paul Welcome to the forum

Re- the chapman rod 2 piece rods

the one I have is 3 piece the butt section removes ( Chapman 500 10′ 3 piece Avon style rod 1960)

I used to living in Hertford and Ron chapman had a tackle shop in the town
I sold one of my chapman rods for £120.00 earlier this year

link to Chapman Rods
The Chapman 500 | R Chapman & Co

wes79

Reaction score
Hi Paul and welcome to the forum mate!

sounds like you have some gear to make worthy comparisons of when/if buying new, don't get rid of your old tackle unless you really have to, its probably fine to use and made well, just my 2cents.

Reaction score
Hello lucky7Paul

Welcome to FM.

What's your favorite brand of car Tyre for going fishing? Mine is Dunlop at the moment. However, I did note that Dunlop also produce a range of fishing tackle?????? Talk about spreading your expertise thinly. I do hope this doesn't mean the tyres will go down hill.