Nash baby big pits

wes79

Reaction score
I'm still using my cheapo's till they fall to peices so not likely to know a good reel from a bad one but I did find this if it's any help at all.

Offering the casting benefits of a large spool yet retaining a small body size, the BP4 and BP6 Baby Pits are little brothers to the BP10 Big Pit reel, and make the ideal match for the Scope and Dwarf series of rods as well as for fishing smaller venues.

Two models in the Dwarf BP Series, the BP-6 is the perfect compact big pit reel. One turn of the multi-disc drag takes the BP-6 from free spool tension to fighting drag, while the clinically precise line lay ensures long, smooth casting from the CAD aluminium spool.

The BP-4 delivers big fish performance in miniature, where the multi-bearing system and fast drag make for the perfect partner for the lightest test curve of Scope and Dwarf rods, including the popular Sawn-Off and six-footers. Versatile enough for floater fishing, feeder fishing, commercial work and even dropshotting or light lures, the BP-4 is as at home with Tench and Bream as it is handling hefty carp.

Built around proven 4+1 roller bearing operation and finished with dual slot line clips, line guard spool system and an oversized line roller to reduce line twist for perfect big carp performance in the most compact package yet!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lqUS3nbsaU

They certainly look ok from where I'm sitting, if you decide to go for it let us all know how you get on with them......with photos's of your catches please!

robtherake

Reaction score
Thinking of buying the BP4 to go with the 6ft, 3lb Dwarf I've been having fun with (ooer missus!) Looking forward to your review, should you take the plunge.

Reaction score
Just picked 3 reels 2 size 6 and one 4, for the cash the look brill giving them a work out over the week end, one turn of the drag does give you free spool

blackbirdjez

Reaction score
Hi i no this is an old thread now but ive had one of the bp4 sizes since they came out and while all the fashionable features like line lay , smooth clutch etc are as good as youd expect from a sub £40 reel theres a basic error in the mix...
If your not careful line falls behind the rotor fairly easily and this has happened more than once to my using 8lb sensor clear on the reel, however as im aware of the issue i take care to stop it happening but on a 2015 reel its a bad fault to have.
Would i buy another? Yes i am

wanderer

Reaction score
Same fault with some of the Whychwood big pits, the oscillation is too high and the unskirted reel has this problem, solution, use braid, never happened since i loaded it 5 years ago.

robtherake

Reaction score
Same fault with some of the Whychwood big pits, the oscillation is too high and the unskirted reel has this problem, solution, use braid, never happened since i loaded it 5 years ago.

No such problem with my Solace 10s, using mono lines down to 10lb and spools filled to the lip. They must've done their homework. :) You're right about the braid, though; much better behaved than mono.

wanderer

Reaction score
Got the freespin 80s, bit noisy compared to my shimmys but fantastic cranks, massive line capacity, precise clutch, cheap but invaluable tools, love em, with the braid zero problem.