Cheap feeder

arthur2sheds

Reaction score
Much as I admire the ingenuity of the maker, I can't help thinking that the requirements of making one, (a post drill, router/drill bits, hot glue gun, hot-plate, spare pewter, etc) far outweigh the costs of popping into the shop and buying one ready made....
Of course there is always the satisfaction of catching on a bit of gear you made yerself, but then I don't have a post drill, router/drill bits, hot glue gun, hot-plate, spare pewter, etc... so I'll continue to buy mine:wh:cool:

B

binka

Go and stand in the corner for 3 hours humming "One Direction" tunes......:mad::eek:mg:

Shouldn't that now be "Five Directions"? :D

I'm ashamed I knew that, in my defence I did have to google it to find out how many of 'em there were though :eek:mg:

wes79

Reaction score
"Homebargains" full of low quality chinese rubbish.......BUT they do have some nice stuff in there, they sell fishing tackle occasionally too, landing nets 2.99 etc etc

These I have been experimenting with slaphead! (why do I feel a bit bad calling you slaphead? :eek:)

Yellow Hair Rollers: 65mm 2 x 2 Pack

Doesn't sound like a blurb from Drennan either....

For volumised, natural looking curls, rollers are the ultimate answer. They provide a lift to the roots, giving your hair a beautiful, bouncy style. Suitable for wet or dry hair, add some "oomph!". ...Although they may inadvertantly cause hand cramp, as you'll probably be pestered for autographs.

I bought a load of these (got a wink off the checkout girl too :confused:) ripped the crappy fabric off them, tie a loop of 4lb line to them to a small swivel and use them as bait droppers:eek:

Last edited:

slaphead

Reaction score
Don't feel bad wes79, I do suffer from a lack of hair follicles and it's been many a year since I required hair rollers yellow or otherwise. :eek:

The guy who does the vid also makes some lovely floats and lures, worth watching for inspiration. :thumbs:

robtherake

Reaction score
Hey, the cotton bud "stems" was my idea! I even mentioned it on here, on a thread about mounting yer meat (ooer missus!) if memory serves. For free leads for your bottle-top feeder, scrounge a strip of the stick-on balance weights from your local tyre fitter - they even come with the weight stamped on. Job's a good 'un.:)

wes79

Reaction score
Hey, the cotton bud "stems" was my idea! I even mentioned it on here, on a thread about mounting yer meat (ooer missus!) if memory serves. For free leads for your bottle-top feeder, scrounge a strip of the stick-on balance weights from your local tyre fitter - they even come with the weight stamped on. Job's a good 'un.:)

Nice one!:)